Help, wireless router working properly but no internet connection

Hi,,

Is my router broken?(need to be replaced?)

I am already using this router for about 2 yrs. Now suddenly, I lost internet connection and windows says no internet access (using windows 7). now I restarted the router and modem but still no internet. I then thought the there may be a problem with the ISP, but then i connected the modem directly to my pc (stand alone, not through the router)and there was internet.

I have reset and re configure the router a dozen times already but still no luck. Does this mean my router is already broken?
I am having doubt because the wireless network is working properly ( i can access files through the wireless network) and other device can connect to the wireless network, but no internet connection.

What shall i do? I have exhausted all my options.. :))

THX :)
1 answer Last reply
More about help wireless router working properly internet connection
  1. Try hard wiring your computer directly to one of the router's rear Ethernet outlets. This will bypass the wireless portion. Check internet connectivity. Next check for WPA/WPA2 security.

My desktop (Win 7) is configured to connect automatically, but my laptop Win XP) has to be manually connected using the set password.
Ask a new question

Read More

Wireless Router Routers Internet Service Providers Wireless Network Internet Connection Wireless Networking