Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

How to i enable Crossfire

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
May 25, 2010 3:50:04 PM

ok so im trying to enable crossfire for my 5770's but in CCC it says to go to the "graphics tab" then click "crossfire" but i went there and there is no crossfire option. where do i go to enable it?


also can someone tell me about what fps should i expect with crysis if i have 5770 CF and a Phenom II x4 oc'ed to 3.8ghz?

say if i put my resolution at 1920x1080, highest settings. and no AA? on a 22 inch monitor

More about : enable crossfire

May 25, 2010 3:59:08 PM

What motherboard do you have??

Expect about 42FPS Average in Crysis with those settings as thats what I get with a HD5850 overclocked past the performance of a stock 5870 and 2 x 5770's seem to do slightly better than a 5870.
m
0
l

Best solution

May 25, 2010 4:29:11 PM

This is what you should see:

Click on CrossfireX


Make sure the check box is checked



If you don't see the CrossfireX menu, then your hardware isn't setup correctly, or there is a bios issue. Many times it's simply a result of one card operating below pcix x8 speeds often due to poor seating.
Share
Related resources
May 25, 2010 5:14:03 PM

bystander said:
This is what you should see:

Click on CrossfireX
]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8954/enablecf1.jpg

Make sure the check box is checked
]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9857/enablecf2.jpg


If you don't see the CrossfireX menu, then your hardware isn't setup correctly, or there is a bios issue. Many times it's simply a result of one card operating below pcix x8 speeds often due to poor seating.



yes im not seeing the crossfire menu. possibly the issue is that the metal piece where all the different connections are (DVI, HDMI etc) is too long so the card isnt completely in the socket. however it still seems to function fine.

i was planning on just cutting the metal piece but i wanted to wait till my warranty expired in case anything goes wrong with the card.

also to see that menu do you have to have both cards installed? or should the menu appear without it?
m
0
l
May 25, 2010 5:15:32 PM

is there a way i can check to see if its functioning at the correct speed before i just cut the metal piece off?
m
0
l
May 25, 2010 5:20:04 PM

CrysisComa said:
is there a way i can check to see if its functioning at the correct speed before i just cut the metal piece off?


Download GPU-Z and it will show you what speed each card should and is performing at. At the bottom left side of the program, you will have a drop down menu for each card. Both cards should be selectable, and the Bus Interface will tell you what bus speed is should and is performing at.

To your previous post, yes, you will need to have both cards functioning to see the menu.

m
0
l
May 25, 2010 5:54:17 PM

CrysisComa said:
yes im not seeing the crossfire menu. possibly the issue is that the metal piece where all the different connections are (DVI, HDMI etc) is too long so the card isnt completely in the socket. however it still seems to function fine.

i was planning on just cutting the metal piece but i wanted to wait till my warranty expired in case anything goes wrong with the card.

also to see that menu do you have to have both cards installed? or should the menu appear without it?


Sounds like the issue I had. The card was in crockedly. To fix this, remove the motherboard and unscrew the mobo attachment screws from the case slightly. It will raise the mobo up, allowing for flush contanct.
m
0
l
May 25, 2010 6:13:00 PM

And just to cover all bases. You did install the bridge between both cards, right? 1 or 2 bridges installed will work.
m
0
l
May 26, 2010 1:08:44 PM

yes i did install the crossfire bridge. also i checked GPU-Z and the card is running at x8. ill try unscrewing the motherboard a bit and see if that works





m
0
l
May 26, 2010 1:10:39 PM

wolfram23 said:
Sounds like the issue I had. The card was in crockedly. To fix this, remove the motherboard and unscrew the mobo attachment screws from the case slightly. It will raise the mobo up, allowing for flush contanct.




do you mean the gold colored standoffs? or the screws the connect the motherboard to the standoffs?
m
0
l
May 26, 2010 1:12:46 PM

Have you installed the drivers before or after the cross-fire setup ?
m
0
l
May 26, 2010 1:34:40 PM

i installed the latest drivers before i put the second card in.
m
0
l
May 26, 2010 1:59:32 PM

You may need to install the drivers after the cross-fire setup, though I am not sure. But you do not lose anything installing the same drivers on top of itself.
m
0
l
May 26, 2010 2:46:06 PM

CrysisComa said:
do you mean the gold colored standoffs? or the screws the connect the motherboard to the standoffs?


Yea exactly. I just got a new mobo and had to unscrew them again for the gpu to sit right with this one too.
m
0
l
May 26, 2010 3:17:01 PM

suat said:
You may need to install the drivers after the cross-fire setup, though I am not sure. But you do not lose anything installing the same drivers on top of itself.


It just will just tell you they are already installed and finish. There was no need to reinstall them for me.

I am curious as to what GPU-Z showed. Did it show both cards in the drop down? Did it show both cards at PCIe x16 2.0 @ x16 2.0?
m
0
l
May 27, 2010 5:19:01 PM

When I crossfired I didn't have the tab either. All I had to do was reinstall the driver and the crossfire tab popped right up.
m
0
l
June 4, 2010 4:02:44 AM

wolfram23 said:
Sounds like the issue I had. The card was in crockedly. To fix this, remove the motherboard and unscrew the mobo attachment screws from the case slightly. It will raise the mobo up, allowing for flush contanct.

What are your 3dmark vantage scores? I'm curious because I have two 5850's as well
m
0
l
June 4, 2010 2:44:11 PM

bystander said:
This is what you should see:

Click on CrossfireX
]http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8954/enablecf1.jpg

Make sure the check box is checked
]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/9857/enablecf2.jpg


If you don't see the CrossfireX menu, then your hardware isn't setup correctly, or there is a bios issue. Many times it's simply a result of one card operating below pcix x8 speeds often due to poor seating.



thanks for all your help, turns out it was not working because of the bad seating. but its working fine now
m
0
l
June 4, 2010 2:44:53 PM

Best answer selected by crysiscoma.
m
0
l
!