Sign in with
Your question

P8P67 Pro Reports 91C CPU Temp!

Last response: in Motherboards
April 2, 2011 6:10:41 PM

I recently built a Sandybridge based computer with an Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard and an Intel 2500 processor. I have everything up and running but the BIOS/UEFI reports the CPU to be running at 91C. This is clearly wrong because it reads that from idle. I have some stuff installed to monitor temps and here are the screenshots. It would appear that the CPU know it's not overheating (I figure it wouldn't work if it thought it was that hot) but the UEFI clearly thinks it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

What could be causing this?
April 2, 2011 6:34:10 PM

Check for a bios update I recently build a computer with a biostar board and it did the same thing
April 2, 2011 7:03:20 PM

That is pretty high stock temps r u using a after market cpu cooler
Related resources
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a b à CPUs
a c 716 V Motherboard
April 2, 2011 7:07:37 PM

The screen shot shows 37C~54C and I trust CoreTemp; it gets its infor from the MOBO and BIOS.

If the BIOS is reporting 91C then either it's an error or or it's the max Temp for your CPU {I don't know every BIOS screen} or you're looking at Fahrenheit. Also, don't confuse 'Tj. Max' with a reading; it's the maximum rate temp for your CPU; e.g. maybe that's what the BIOS is reporting as I said. http://www.alcpu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=892

Also the EZ Mode screen shows BOTH {Fahrenheit/Celsius} F/C -- maybe you saw 91F/33C?
April 2, 2011 8:16:26 PM

I think it was something to do with the stock cooler I was using because I just swapped it out for a Coolermaster H50 and it's gone down to a nice temp around 35ish.
!