Sign in with
Your question

Boot Windows Remotely for a CRASHED System???

Last response: in Systems
July 3, 2010 4:52:44 AM

Hey fellas and gals, hello from San Diego! I have a really tough situation. I am a rank novice to the Computer-Tech world. I am on an IBM Z60t, running XP Pro. My friend and neighbor has had a spinal injury and is a parapaliegic and depends on his computer to connect with the outside world... His computer "Crashed a week ago, and I said I would try to help... Ok, his system looks like this: HP Media Center M7434N 2005 Edition. It has this Media hard drive and it is a King Hell Removable Hard drive. It will not boot the three disks that were given him. One says "Recovery Tools", the next says( HP Recovery Disk, 1 of 2), the next says ("HP recovery disk 2of2). I have taken this man's computer, and promised him that I WILL BRING IT BACK FIXED... Is anybody out there that could give me a bit of a push in the right direction??? I really need some help here. Thanks so much in advance... Copperhead 1
July 3, 2010 5:30:16 AM

The hard drive crashed, and you can't get the PC to boot from one of those CD drives? Did you go into the BIOS to allow it to boot from the CD/DVD drive?

Check out this site: Drivers and software - ThinkPad Z60m, Z60t . If you click Diagnostics, it shows a DOS bootable CD option. You can also access all the info you need on that Thinkpad.
m
l
July 3, 2010 6:51:24 AM

My friend, You misunderstand me... I am wondering if I can use MY IBM to boot a CASHED HP Media Center M7434N. I really will appreciate your help, if you have any... Copperhead 1
m
l
Related resources
July 3, 2010 6:54:54 AM

My friend, You misunderstand me... I am wondering if I can use MY IBM to boot a CASHED HP Media Center M7434N. I really will appreciate your help, if you have any... Copperhead 1
m
l
!