Solved

550w overkill?

Hello everyone i need that you help me with a little problem after researching through the web many people has told me that a 550w PSU would overkill this system:

AMD Phenom II x 4 955 Denb 3,2GHz BE (125w)
Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4
Sapphire Radeon Hd 5770
500GB HDD Western Digital
XMS 3 Corsair DDR3 1600MHz Memory CMX4GX3M2A1600C9

I want to buy a TX550w PSU from Corsair for this PC due that i have seen ppl with 600w PSUs in similar systems and they run fine without any overkill. And also because i trust more in Corsair that any other PSU companies.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 550w overkill
  1. Best answer
    A 550VX would be a great fit for a single GPU system, you can use a more powerful single card in the future if you decide to upgrade, and if not, having a bigger PSU than you need isnt a bad thing.

Technically you could run that system on a good 450W unit but it would limit your upgrades a bit.

Check the Seasonic S12II 520W and the Antec TP-550 and see if either of them are cheaper, all three are high quality units that are usually pretty close in price but sometimes one is significantly cheaper.
  2. Then i'll use the 430cx due that i'll not Upgrade that PC too much thanks a lot
  3. Best answer selected by Ghosthit.
  4. I wouldnt go for the 430CX, its brand new, i havent seen a review of it yet and its not 80+ certified so its not as good as most of the other corsair units. You can pick up a seasonic S12II 520W for $60 off of newegg right now and its significantly more powerful than the 430CX which is actually less powerful than the older 400CX(its a bit confused)
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Corsair Components