What could be the root cause of BSOD? **GOT BSOD AGAIN**

guhati

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
I have recently received the dreaded BSOD. I have no idea what might be causing this as I am fairly a newb at computers. Just for referrence, I have built this PC myself about 2 weeks ago. After the initial set up, the computer was working fine, but after 2 weeks I started the computer one morning and it gave me the BSOD screen. I have tried to see if any drivers might be causing any issues, but the BSOD continues in a loop. What I means by that is after about 5 minutes the BSOD appears. Now I also have to mention that a lot of the programs I had installed on my SSD were getting corrupted. I have the OCZ vertex 3 SSD. Now I have read on several forums that this SSD is unreliable because of it's sanforce controller that it uses. Having ssaid that I have not updated the firmware for my SSD. I have instead RMA'd the drive and ordered a crucial M4. I just wanted to see if anyone was having problems with this drive as well. Thanks.

tl;dr : Recieved BSOD, and I think it could be the OCZ Vertex 3. Anyone else having the same issue?

guhati

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011

This might be very dumb question but, if I have a faulty ram shouldn't it reflect on the properties windows of My Computer? Also I will definitely run the memtest86 and follow up on the results. Does it have to be 8 hours? Can't I just do 20 passes? Thanks.

No, the ram may work under certain conditions and Windows won't test memory like that. We don't know how long 20 passes will take on your computer compared to others so 8 hrs is what is suggested for a guarantee that it is not a memory issue.

guhati

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011

Can Ram also make some programs corrupt? Because that was one thing that caught my eye right before the BSOD that the programs were getting unresponsive and computer would hang and then BSOD.

guhati

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011

Thank You sir, I will report with my results soon. Thanks for all the help.

I would say use the system for 2 weeks and see how it goes under normal use. You still might have a problem waiting to strike.

guhati

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011

I will be doing just that. BTW it's still running without any hitch (knock on wood). I will update the post if any problems arise. Thanks btw.

Lets hope chkdsk didn't find some bad sectors on the hard drive and mark them as non usable. This could be a sign of a hard drive failure or just a bad write.

guhati

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011

I got the Blue Screen again. This time I have disabled the option to restart the system in case of bluescreen. These are the errors that it gives me. Any help would be appreciated. Below are some screenshots of stop error messages and my dump file.

First Error
ip2hpe.jpg

Second Error
2i7tikz.jpg

Third Error
akh2qh.jpg

Dump File

DumpFile 1

DumpFile 2

DumpFile 3