Tomb Raider Special Edition

I have a Tomb Raider box marked "Special Edition". I didn't know this meant
it was a demo/limited version. Anyway, there are no instructions or
anything inside. I installed it and by trial-and-error figured out most of
the keys (alt-f4 for exit I had to go online to find).

Anyway, when the game begins, Lara is in a large pit. A helicopter flies by
overhead once only. After a little while, a tiger roams around. I've
played this scene a dozen times and I am not getting anywhere. There is a
pool of water that seems to lead to an exit, but when I reach the end, there
seems to be no way out.

Any help would be appreciated.
15 answers Last reply
More about tomb raider special edition
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    In the dead of night, a faint whisper from Greg O. was heard, at about
    09/12/2005 11:10 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    > I have a Tomb Raider box marked "Special Edition". I didn't know this meant
    > it was a demo/limited version. Anyway, there are no instructions or
    > anything inside. I installed it and by trial-and-error figured out most of
    > the keys (alt-f4 for exit I had to go online to find).
    >
    > Anyway, when the game begins, Lara is in a large pit. A helicopter flies by
    > overhead once only. After a little while, a tiger roams around. I've
    > played this scene a dozen times and I am not getting anywhere. There is a
    > pool of water that seems to lead to an exit, but when I reach the end, there
    > seems to be no way out.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    Dragoncarer gave you just about everything you need, but I happen to be
    replaying TR2 just these last few days...

    If you are referring to the end of the little tunnel in that pond, no
    that is not the exit, but you might want to look around when you get
    there ... there should be a key.

    Suspiciously enough, there just happens to be a door needing a key *very
    much like that one*, back up where you just came from. Of course, there
    is the matter of the tiger ...

    Oh, and I'm afraid it does sound to me, as well, as if you got yourself
    a "special" version alright, which is really just the original demo. I
    hope I'm wrong and that it came with the add-on levels, but that's
    usually referred to as a "gold" or "platinum" copy.

    If it is the demo, it should be the entire first level. And you have
    quite a ways to go to finish that ... Hint: don't take that joy ride
    across the abyss until you are sure you've found everything ... those
    load roars you hear are not coming from the tigers!

    ---
    PW
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    When you get up on the ledge, turn around and you will see another ledge to
    jump to and then climb up. Once on the bridge, you need to go down to
    another pool where there is a key and a tiger. Then, climb back up and use
    the key to enter the building (after shooting the buzzards, naturally).

    Cody
    "Greg O." <ozbirn@sbcglobal.net> wrote

    >I have a Tomb Raider box marked "Special Edition". I didn't know this
    >meant it was a demo/limited version. Anyway, there are no instructions or
    >anything inside. I installed it and by trial-and-error figured out most of
    >the keys (alt-f4 for exit I had to go online to find).
    >
    > Anyway, when the game begins, Lara is in a large pit. A helicopter flies
    > by overhead once only. After a little while, a tiger roams around. I've
    > played this scene a dozen times and I am not getting anywhere. There is a
    > pool of water that seems to lead to an exit, but when I reach the end,
    > there seems to be no way out.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Greg O." <ozbirn@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >I have a Tomb Raider box marked "Special Edition". I didn't know this
    >meant it was a demo/limited version. Anyway, there are no instructions or
    >anything inside. I installed it and by trial-and-error figured out most of
    >the keys (alt-f4 for exit I had to go online to find).
    >
    > Anyway, when the game begins, Lara is in a large pit. A helicopter flies
    > by overhead once only. After a little while, a tiger roams around. I've
    > played this scene a dozen times and I am not getting anywhere. There is a
    > pool of water that seems to lead to an exit, but when I reach the end,
    > there seems to be no way out.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    Smells suspiciously like the start of Tomb Raider 2: The Dagger of Xian.

    Check out Stella's site

    http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/

    And you're at the first level of TR2:

    http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/tomb2.html#walk

    Stella rocks!

    Hopefully you're just lost, and it's not that the Special Edition is so
    speciial you get to play a whole 5 minutes of the game!

    Happy Raiding and let us know if u got out...

    If u pres ESC you'll get a menu. From memory, use the up/down arrow keys to
    select different menus. There should be a menu option that looks like a set
    of directional keys. If you select that (with Enter), it will give you a
    list of the controls.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Cody" <nospam@nospam.comedunetcita> wrote in message
    > When you get up on the ledge, turn around and you will see another ledge
    > to jump to and then climb up. Once on the bridge, you need to go down to
    > another pool where there is a key and a tiger. Then, climb back up and use
    > the key to enter the building (after shooting the buzzards, naturally).

    Ahh...ledges, those were the days.

    Here's raising my drink to more ledges to come in Legend!

    ....Hey...I could write a poem about that!

    > Cody
    > "Greg O." <ozbirn@sbcglobal.net> wrote
    >
    >>I have a Tomb Raider box marked "Special Edition". I didn't know this
    >>meant it was a demo/limited version. Anyway, there are no instructions or
    >>anything inside. I installed it and by trial-and-error figured out most
    >>of the keys (alt-f4 for exit I had to go online to find).
    >>
    >> Anyway, when the game begins, Lara is in a large pit. A helicopter flies
    >> by overhead once only. After a little while, a tiger roams around. I've
    >> played this scene a dozen times and I am not getting anywhere. There is
    >> a pool of water that seems to lead to an exit, but when I reach the end,
    >> there seems to be no way out.
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    >> When you get up on the ledge, turn around and you will see another ledge to jump to and then climb up. Once on the
    >> bridge, you need to go down to another pool where there is a key and a tiger. Then, climb back up and use the key to
    >> enter the building (after shooting the buzzards, naturally).

    After Lara get's up on to the high ledge leading into a room, she needs
    to exit out the other side of the room before reaching the bridge path.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Yep, and some of us have gotten our kit as ready as we can in anticipation
    of the release of Legend! :)
    Bring it ONNNNNNNN!
    McG. :)

    "Dragoncarer" <wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote in message

    > "Cody" <nospam@nospam.comedunetcita> wrote in message
    >> When you get up on the ledge, turn around and you will see another ledge
    >> to jump to and then climb up. Once on the bridge, you need to go down to
    >> another pool where there is a key and a tiger. Then, climb back up and
    >> use the key to enter the building (after shooting the buzzards,
    >> naturally).
    >>

    > Ahh...ledges, those were the days.
    >
    > Here's raising my drink to more ledges to come in Legend!
    >

    > ...Hey...I could write a poem about that!
    >
    >> Cody
    >> "Greg O." <ozbirn@sbcglobal.net> wrote
    >>
    >>>I have a Tomb Raider box marked "Special Edition". I didn't know this
    >>>meant it was a demo/limited version. Anyway, there are no instructions
    >>>or anything inside. I installed it and by trial-and-error figured out
    >>>most of the keys (alt-f4 for exit I had to go online to find).
    >>>
    >>> Anyway, when the game begins, Lara is in a large pit. A helicopter
    >>> flies by overhead once only. After a little while, a tiger roams
    >>> around. I've played this scene a dozen times and I am not getting
    >>> anywhere. There is a pool of water that seems to lead to an exit, but
    >>> when I reach the end, there seems to be no way out.
    >>>
    >>> Any help would be appreciated.

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    Thanks for the help, the website especially.

    Okay, I finally made it out of the starting point! I think the biggest
    problem I have had so far is not knowing how far Lara could jump. I assumed
    that ledge was too far because each time I tried, I missed. Knowing it was
    possible was helpful. I faced the same problem in the next room, I could
    see the switch but after a dozen leaps I couldn't get it. Finally made it
    just now after reading more about the running jump.

    I think this demo version just has 3 levels. I may have to buy the full
    version.

    > "Greg O." <ozbirn@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >>I have a Tomb Raider box marked "Special Edition". I didn't know this
    >>meant it was a demo/limited version. Anyway, there are no instructions or
    >>anything inside. I installed it and by trial-and-error figured out most
    >>of the keys (alt-f4 for exit I had to go online to find).
    >>
    >> Anyway, when the game begins, Lara is in a large pit. A helicopter flies
    >> by overhead once only. After a little while, a tiger roams around. I've
    >> played this scene a dozen times and I am not getting anywhere. There is
    >> a pool of water that seems to lead to an exit, but when I reach the end,
    >> there seems to be no way out.
    >>
    >> Any help would be appreciated.
    >>

    > Smells suspiciously like the start of Tomb Raider 2: The Dagger of Xian.
    >
    > Check out Stella's site
    >
    > http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/
    >
    > And you're at the first level of TR2:
    >
    > http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/tomb2.html#walk
    >
    > Stella rocks!
    >
    > Hopefully you're just lost, and it's not that the Special Edition is so
    > speciial you get to play a whole 5 minutes of the game!
    >
    > Happy Raiding and let us know if u got out...
    >
    > If u pres ESC you'll get a menu. From memory, use the up/down arrow keys
    > to select different menus. There should be a menu option that looks like a
    > set of directional keys. If you select that (with Enter), it will give you
    > a list of the controls.

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > Yep, and some of us have gotten our kit as ready as we can in anticipation
    > of the release of Legend! :)
    > Bring it ONNNNNNNN!
    > McG. :)

    Yeah well it won't be out until 2029, though....

    Seriously, however, I'll prob end up with more ram, a 19inch LCD and a new
    8MB HDD by then! It just gets better and better!

    And 7800GTs are already down to about AUD600!!

    Can't wait till the new ATFry GPU comes up, and we have christmas, and the
    7800 vanilla....prices will go down even more! And befor you know it, I will
    be able to buy my second 7800GT and/ or a dual core! Excitement yay!

    /yay

    Mwuahahaha - I might need a new, full-time job though. Hmm.

    > "Dragoncarer" <wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Cody" <nospam@nospam.comedunetcita> wrote in message
    >>> When you get up on the ledge, turn around and you will see another ledge
    >>> to jump to and then climb up. Once on the bridge, you need to go down to
    >>> another pool where there is a key and a tiger. Then, climb back up and
    >>> use the key to enter the building (after shooting the buzzards,
    >>> naturally).
    >>>

    >> Ahh...ledges, those were the days.
    >>
    >> Here's raising my drink to more ledges to come in Legend!
    >>

    >> ...Hey...I could write a poem about that!
    >>
    >>> Cody
    >>> "Greg O." <ozbirn@sbcglobal.net> wrote

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Greg O." <ozbirn@sbcglobal.net> wrote

    > Thanks for the help, the website especially.
    >
    > Okay, I finally made it out of the starting point! I think the biggest
    > problem I have had so far is not knowing how far Lara could jump. I
    > assumed that ledge was too far because each time I tried, I missed.
    > Knowing it was possible was helpful. I faced the same problem in the next
    > room, I could see the switch but after a dozen leaps I couldn't get it.
    > Finally made it just now after reading more about the running jump.
    >
    > I think this demo version just has 3 levels. I may have to buy the full
    > version.

    When you do that, you can download four more levels. TR2 is one of the best,
    if not the best one.

    Cody

    > "Dragoncarer" <wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Greg O." <ozbirn@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >>>I have a Tomb Raider box marked "Special Edition". I didn't know this
    >>>meant it was a demo/limited version. Anyway, there are no instructions
    >>>or anything inside. I installed it and by trial-and-error figured out
    >>>most of the keys (alt-f4 for exit I had to go online to find).
    >>>
    >>> Anyway, when the game begins, Lara is in a large pit. A helicopter
    >>> flies by overhead once only. After a little while, a tiger roams
    >>> around. I've played this scene a dozen times and I am not getting
    >>> anywhere. There is a pool of water that seems to lead to an exit, but
    >>> when I reach the end, there seems to be no way out.
    >>>
    >>> Any help would be appreciated.
    >>>

    >> Smells suspiciously like the start of Tomb Raider 2: The Dagger of Xian.
    >>
    >> Check out Stella's site
    >>
    >> http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/
    >>
    >> And you're at the first level of TR2:
    >>
    >> http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/tomb2.html#walk
    >>
    >> Stella rocks!
    >>
    >> Hopefully you're just lost, and it's not that the Special Edition is so
    >> speciial you get to play a whole 5 minutes of the game!
    >>
    >> Happy Raiding and let us know if u got out...
    >>
    >> If u pres ESC you'll get a menu. From memory, use the up/down arrow keys
    >> to select different menus. There should be a menu option that looks like
    >> a set of directional keys. If you select that (with Enter), it will give
    >> you a list of the controls.

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > Thanks for the help, the website especially.
    >
    > Okay, I finally made it out of the starting point! I think the biggest
    > problem I have had so far is not knowing how far Lara could jump. I
    > assumed that ledge was too far because each time I tried, I missed.
    > Knowing it was possible was helpful. I faced the same problem in the next
    > room, I could see the switch but after a dozen leaps I couldn't get it.
    > Finally made it just now after reading more about the running jump.
    >
    > I think this demo version just has 3 levels. I may have to buy the full
    > version.

    lol...welcome to the Lara addiction.

    From memory...one block from standing jump, two blocks from a running jump
    (or three?), add a little bit more if you run a little further, and shorten
    a little if apply CTRL. Is that right? Hmm....block guessing, ahh the
    memories.

    > "Dragoncarer" <wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Greg O." <ozbirn@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >>>I have a Tomb Raider box marked "Special Edition". I didn't know this
    >>>meant it was a demo/limited version. Anyway, there are no instructions
    >>>or anything inside. I installed it and by trial-and-error figured out
    >>>most of the keys (alt-f4 for exit I had to go online to find).
    >>>
    >>> Anyway, when the game begins, Lara is in a large pit. A helicopter
    >>> flies by overhead once only. After a little while, a tiger roams
    >>> around. I've played this scene a dozen times and I am not getting
    >>> anywhere. There is a pool of water that seems to lead to an exit, but
    >>> when I reach the end, there seems to be no way out.
    >>>
    >>> Any help would be appreciated.
    >>>

    >> Smells suspiciously like the start of Tomb Raider 2: The Dagger of Xian.
    >>
    >> Check out Stella's site
    >>
    >> http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/
    >>
    >> And you're at the first level of TR2:
    >>
    >> http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/tomb2.html#walk
    >>
    >> Stella rocks!
    >>
    >> Hopefully you're just lost, and it's not that the Special Edition is so
    >> speciial you get to play a whole 5 minutes of the game!
    >>
    >> Happy Raiding and let us know if u got out...
    >>
    >> If u pres ESC you'll get a menu. From memory, use the up/down arrow keys
    >> to select different menus. There should be a menu option that looks like
    >> a set of directional keys. If you select that (with Enter), it will give
    >> you a list of the controls.

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > "Greg O." <ozbirn@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >> Thanks for the help, the website especially.
    >>
    >> Okay, I finally made it out of the starting point! I think the biggest
    >> problem I have had so far is not knowing how far Lara could jump. I
    >> assumed that ledge was too far because each time I tried, I missed.
    >> Knowing it was possible was helpful. I faced the same problem in the
    >> next room, I could see the switch but after a dozen leaps I couldn't get
    >> it. Finally made it just now after reading more about the running jump.
    >>
    >> I think this demo version just has 3 levels. I may have to buy the full
    >> version.
    >>

    > lol...welcome to the Lara addiction.
    >
    > From memory...one block from standing jump, two blocks from a running jump

    Hm, we're not gonna get to do that in Legend methinks :-\

    > (or three?), add a little bit more if you run a little further, and
    > shorten a little if apply CTRL. Is that right? Hmm....block guessing, ahh
    > the memories.

    CTRL is fire or action, ALT is jump.

    McG.

    >> "Dragoncarer" <wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Greg O." <ozbirn@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

    >>> Smells suspiciously like the start of Tomb Raider 2: The Dagger of Xian.
    >>>
    >>> Check out Stella's site
    >>>
    >>> http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/
    >>>
    >>> And you're at the first level of TR2:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.tombraiders.net/stella/tomb2.html#walk
    >>>
    >>> Stella rocks!
    >>>
    >>> Hopefully you're just lost, and it's not that the Special Edition is so
    >>> speciial you get to play a whole 5 minutes of the game!
    >>>
    >>> Happy Raiding and let us know if u got out...
    >>>
    >>> If u pres ESC you'll get a menu. From memory, use the up/down arrow keys
    >>> to select different menus. There should be a menu option that looks like
    >>> a set of directional keys. If you select that (with Enter), it will give
    >>> you a list of the controls.

  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    In the dead of night, a faint whisper from McGrandpa was heard, at
    about 09/14/2005 09:44 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    > "Dragoncarer" <wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Greg O." <ozbirn@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Thanks for the help, the website especially.
    >>>
    >>>Okay, I finally made it out of the starting point! I think the biggest
    >>>problem I have had so far is not knowing how far Lara could jump. I
    >>>assumed that ledge was too far because each time I tried, I missed.
    >>>Knowing it was possible was helpful. I faced the same problem in the
    >>>next room, I could see the switch but after a dozen leaps I couldn't get
    >>>it. Finally made it just now after reading more about the running jump.
    >>>
    >>>I think this demo version just has 3 levels. I may have to buy the full
    >>>version.
    >>>

    >>lol...welcome to the Lara addiction.
    >>
    >>From memory...one block from standing jump, two blocks from a running jump
    >

    > Hm, we're not gonna get to do that in Legend methinks :-\

    And I still think its a bad move for them. Let me ask you something ...

    When is that last time that you went to hop or jump over something, that
    you did not stop and think how many "strides" back you had to be in
    order to make the jump appropriately?

    Yes, you can jump things "on the run", but its never as accurate. Just
    try running the hurdles some time ... bet you dollars to donuts you end
    up with "track burns"!

    So what have they done? They take away our measurement method and
    replace it with a "you'll-never-miss auto-land/auto-catch/auto-hang"
    feature ... it just sounds to me like its going to take away about half
    of what made the game challenging.

    Which brings up an interesting question. If she is going to
    "auto-catch" while jumping, will she holster weapons and "auto-catch" if
    you back up over a cliff whilst duking it out with a BN?

    Sure it saves you .. uh, Lara ... from a nasty fall, but it leaves you
    at the complete mercy of what/whoever you're trying to dispatch. Not to
    mention what it'll do if you *meant* to go over the edge because you
    knew you ... uh, Lara ... could survive the drop!

    Just sounds like AOD to me ...
    I just can't help getting dismayed ...

    ---
    PW
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Pistol Whipped" <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> wrote in message
    > In the dead of night, a faint whisper from McGrandpa was heard, at about
    > 09/14/2005 09:44 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    >> "Dragoncarer" <wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"Greg O." <ozbirn@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

    >>>lol...welcome to the Lara addiction.
    >>>
    >>>From memory...one block from standing jump, two blocks from a running
    >>>jump
    >>

    >> Hm, we're not gonna get to do that in Legend methinks :-\
    >>

    > And I still think its a bad move for them. Let me ask you something ...
    >
    > When is that last time that you went to hop or jump over something, that
    > you did not stop and think how many "strides" back you had to be in order
    > to make the jump appropriately?
    >
    > Yes, you can jump things "on the run", but its never as accurate. Just
    > try running the hurdles some time ... bet you dollars to donuts you end up
    > with "track burns"!
    >
    > So what have they done? They take away our measurement method and replace
    > it with a "you'll-never-miss auto-land/auto-catch/auto-hang" feature ...
    > it just sounds to me like its going to take away about half of what made
    > the game challenging.
    >
    > Which brings up an interesting question. If she is going to "auto-catch"
    > while jumping, will she holster weapons and "auto-catch" if you back up
    > over a cliff whilst duking it out with a BN?
    >
    > Sure it saves you .. uh, Lara ... from a nasty fall, but it leaves you at
    > the complete mercy of what/whoever you're trying to dispatch. Not to
    > mention what it'll do if you *meant* to go over the edge because you knew
    > you ... uh, Lara ... could survive the drop!
    >
    > Just sounds like AOD to me ...
    > I just can't help getting dismayed ...
    >
    > ---
    > PW

    Well lets not get all despondent yet. Let's get it first and then get
    depressed :-\
    McG.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    > "Dragoncarer" <wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Greg O." <ozbirn@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >>> Thanks for the help, the website especially.
    >>>
    >>> Okay, I finally made it out of the starting point! I think the biggest
    >>> problem I have had so far is not knowing how far Lara could jump. I
    >>> assumed that ledge was too far because each time I tried, I missed.
    >>> Knowing it was possible was helpful. I faced the same problem in the
    >>> next room, I could see the switch but after a dozen leaps I couldn't get
    >>> it. Finally made it just now after reading more about the running jump.
    >>>
    >>> I think this demo version just has 3 levels. I may have to buy the full
    >>> version.
    >>>

    >> lol...welcome to the Lara addiction.
    >>
    >> From memory...one block from standing jump, two blocks from a running
    >> jump
    >
    > Hm, we're not gonna get to do that in Legend methinks :-\

    No, how sad.

    >> (or three?), add a little bit more if you run a little further, and
    >> shorten a little if apply CTRL. Is that right? Hmm....block guessing, ahh
    >> the memories.
    >
    > CTRL is fire or action, ALT is jump.

    Yes, I know.
    *tsk tsk*
    But you should also remember, McG, applying the 'action' button (CTRL)
    during a jump will slightly alter the trajectory/ distance. IIRC, it
    shortens it, but i'm not entirely sure...

    > McG.
    >

    >>> "Dragoncarer" <wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote in message

  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.tombraider (More info?)

    "Pistol Whipped" <pwhipped@NOtampabaySPAM.rr.com> wrote in message
    > In the dead of night, a faint whisper from McGrandpa was heard, at about
    > 09/14/2005 09:44 PM, and I could have sworn it said ...
    >> "Dragoncarer" <wee@ihaveabrandspankingnew.computer> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"Greg O." <ozbirn@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

    >>>lol...welcome to the Lara addiction.
    >>>
    >>>From memory...one block from standing jump, two blocks from a running
    >>>jump
    >>

    >> Hm, we're not gonna get to do that in Legend methinks :-\
    >>

    > And I still think its a bad move for them. Let me ask you something ...
    >
    > When is that last time that you went to hop or jump over something, that
    > you did not stop and think how many "strides" back you had to be in order
    > to make the jump appropriately?
    >
    > Yes, you can jump things "on the run", but its never as accurate. Just
    > try running the hurdles some time ... bet you dollars to donuts you end up
    > with "track burns"!
    >
    > So what have they done? They take away our measurement method and replace
    > it with a "you'll-never-miss auto-land/auto-catch/auto-hang" feature ...
    > it just sounds to me like its going to take away about half of what made
    > the game challenging.
    >
    > Which brings up an interesting question. If she is going to "auto-catch"
    > while jumping, will she holster weapons and "auto-catch" if you back up
    > over a cliff whilst duking it out with a BN?
    >
    > Sure it saves you .. uh, Lara ... from a nasty fall, but it leaves you at
    > the complete mercy of what/whoever you're trying to dispatch. Not to
    > mention what it'll do if you *meant* to go over the edge because you knew
    > you ... uh, Lara ... could survive the drop!
    >
    > Just sounds like AOD to me ...
    > I just can't help getting dismayed ...

    I'm tempted to agree. But remember, PW, we won't really know what's what
    until it comes out.

    > ---
    > PW

Games Video Games Product