Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows server 2008 domain question

Last response: in Networking
March 14, 2010 6:32:38 PM

I'm trying to set up a network for a friends new buisness and when attempting to add a domain to the server it comes back and tells me that the administrator password is not set to be required and must be to add the domain it then tells me that i should use net user. i am not familiar with command line net user at all i tried to do some research it but didn't understand what I found. does anyone have an exact example of what I need to do it would be very appreciated.

More about : windows server 2008 domain question

March 15, 2010 11:27:00 AM

I don't know exactly what you're trying to do, but in general, you may want to look for a Windows Server forum.

Can you get to the GUI? Did you set a Win admin (or domain admin) password?
m
l
March 15, 2010 12:29:49 PM

yes i get to the GUI but when i go to set up the domain it tells me this exactly:

The local Administrator account becomes the domain Administrator account when you create a new domain. The new domain cannot be created because the local Administrator account password does not meet requirements.
Currently, a password is not required for the local Administraotr account. We recommend that you use the net user command -line tool with the /passwordreg:yes option to require a password for this account before you create the new domain; otherwise, a password will not be required for the domain Administrator account

my password is just fine i meet all of the requirements i used a ex: $H0td0g!
so i know its not that.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

March 15, 2010 1:59:40 PM
March 15, 2010 6:47:59 PM

Best answer selected by sscroggin.
m
l
March 15, 2010 6:48:43 PM

thanks for the help.