Sign in with
Your question

Cooling fan

Last response: in Components
August 31, 2010 8:41:47 PM

i have installed a new cooling fan on my power supply ( old was getting noisy) the old fan turned counter clockwise drawing air from inside my desktop and exhausting through vent on pwr supply , new fan turns clockwise drawing air in through the pwr supply went and into my desktop, should i have any concerns or should i re wire it to turn counter clockwise like original fan,
thank you
snaphock.
cheer's.

More about : cooling fan

a b ) Power supply
August 31, 2010 8:57:11 PM

Rather than re-wire the fan you cpould just turn it over and install it the other way up !! - have a look at the edge of the fan surround and it will have two arrows indicating the direction the fan spins and also the direction in which the air flows.
m
l
September 1, 2010 12:11:12 AM

ulysses35 said:
Rather than re-wire the fan you cpould just turn it over and install it the other way up !! - have a look at the edge of the fan surround and it will have two arrows indicating the direction the fan spins and also the direction in which the air flows.

yes i was thinking of that , the problem i think was new fan is a 3 wire, old was 2 hard wired in , both had black and red so i copied to old to the new , yes you are correct re directional arrows on fans , the new is diff , but will try reversing the positon,
cheer's
thank you for your input.
m
l
!