Windows 7 Lock up/Screech of Death during gaming

Kravenz

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
Hi. I'm Not Sure which Category should i Put My thread into, but anyways.....
I recently purchased my new gaming computer. Seems Perfect. But as soon as i tried playing Games, The Game freezes during 1st minute of the game. Sometimes I can Play 1 hour without the game locking up. This Happens quite often. I tried updating my graphic drivers, download microsoft updates, Check Hardware issues but to no avail. Most of this game freezes occur only during gaming. Aside from gaming, everything works Fine. So what could cause this problems? I even tried formatting my hardrive, cleaning the registry bla3, but none seems to work :(

The only game that didn't seems to crash is Cs 1.6 O_O
Here's My System Specs:

Powercolor radeon HD 5970 2GB
Patriot G-Series AMD black Edition 4GB @1333
Amd Phenom II 965 BE @3.4
Techno Power 1000W PSU
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit (I think it's a beta)

P.S THe problem is not due to overheating, cuz my GPU Idle Temperature is around 41 degrees.

Kravenz

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
I also saw this error message in event viewer:
"The performance strings in the Performance registry value is corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section."
and
"Unloading the performance counter strings for service WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) failed. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the error code."
Is it possible that the lock up is due to registry corruption?