programming hidden folders/files

how to unhide hidden folders ? I DONT mean the switch in "view" ; I see
tools on the web for hiding, and I have a trojan I'm sick of in a hidden
folder; I program a bit; how is this done MS, and where are the docs ?
2 answers Last reply
More about programming hidden folders files

    Control Panel/Folder Options/View Tab/
    a. Remove the check mark from "Do not show hidden files and folders", then
    check mark "Show hidden files and folders" immediately below.
    b. Scroll further down and remove the check mark from "Hide protected
    operating system files (recommended)". Be sure to click "Apply" and "OK" to
    get out.
    These settings will stay that way until either you or something changes them
    back. All that said, why would you need a third party program to accomplish
    something that simple? As for a Trojan, many spyware and Anti-Virus programs
    both identify and remove them.
    Gene K
    "barrett bonden" <arthurheyman@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > how to unhide hidden folders ? I DONT mean the switch in "view" ; I see
    > tools on the web for hiding, and I have a trojan I'm sick of in a hidden
    > folder; I program a bit; how is this done MS, and where are the docs ?

    Gene -
    thanks for the reply - I have done all these things , of course, and am
    still "shown" hidden
    folders by anti-spyware apps ; as for the 3rd party "hide" apps, that's my
    point ; there clearly must
    be hooks to the OS that attrib or "un check "Hide protected
    operating system files" " don't throw . These apps are using those hooks
    to hide folders, as are the virus writers - the q is where are the OS docs
    for these functions ? Can't see anything on the web ..

    "Gene K" <nobody@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > Control Panel/Folder Options/View Tab/
    > a. Remove the check mark from "Do not show hidden files and folders", then
    > check mark "Show hidden files and folders" immediately below.
    > b. Scroll further down and remove the check mark from "Hide protected
    > operating system files (recommended)". Be sure to click "Apply" and "OK"
    > get out.
    > These settings will stay that way until either you or something changes
    them
    > back. All that said, why would you need a third party program to
    accomplish
    > something that simple? As for a Trojan, many spyware and Anti-Virus
    programs
    > both identify and remove them.
    > Gene K
    > "barrett bonden" <arthurheyman@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > > how to unhide hidden folders ? I DONT mean the switch in "view" ; I see
    > > tools on the web for hiding, and I have a trojan I'm sick of in a hidden
    > > folder; I program a bit; how is this done MS, and where are the docs ?

Configuration Programming Windows XP