$850 budget, i5 or 1055t? I am NOT using SLI or Xfire.

G

Im upgrading from a e6600 conroe, 8800gts.........still works good, get decent fps on WoW and other games, but I got some cash to blow and I wanna get a new gaming rig and give this one to my gf.

I;m not planning on using SLI or Xfire so the whole debate about x16 lanes and x 8 times 2 lanes and all that doesnt matter to me.

I upgrade my rig every 2 to 3 yrs so future proofing isnt important.......as far as being able to drop in a new chip in 3 yrs on the same platform.

I have been debating back and forth the i5 760 and the 965BE.......and finally decided to give the edge to the i5, then i started looking at the 1055t, I'm still sorta leaning i5, but I would like some honest input, no fanboyism.

Thanks guys.

G

Im upgrading from a e6600 conroe, 8800gts.........still works good, get decent fps on WoW and other games, but I got some cash to blow and I wanna get a new gaming rig and give this one to my gf.

I;m not planning on using SLI or Xfire so the whole debate about x16 lanes and x 8 times 2 lanes and all that doesnt matter to me.

I upgrade my rig every 2 to 3 yrs so future proofing isnt important.......as far as being able to drop in a new chip in 3 yrs on the same platform.

I have been debating back and forth the i5 760 and the 965BE.......and finally decided to give the edge to the i5, then i started looking at the 1055t, I'm still sorta leaning i5, but I would like some honest input, no fanboyism.

Thanks guys.

bump