Display fades in Presario when power cord removed

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b ) Power supply
a b D Laptop
October 31, 2004 8:52:14 AM

Out of the blue, whenever I remove the power supply to my Compaq
Presario R3000, the display fades to faint. The battery is fully
charged. Before when I removed the cord there was no impact to the
display. Does anyone have a solution to this ?
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
a b D Laptop
October 31, 2004 5:27:18 PM

"Doug" <laurieanddoug@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Out of the blue, whenever I remove the power supply to my Compaq
> Presario R3000, the display fades to faint. The battery is fully
> charged. Before when I removed the cord there was no impact to the
> display. Does anyone have a solution to this ?

look at "Power Options" in Control Panel. There are usually separate
settings for running on AC power and on battery.
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
a b D Laptop
October 31, 2004 5:27:19 PM

"Joe Davis" <davisexpREMOVE@attglobal.net> wrote in message news:<aD6hd.7704$kM.3786@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> "Doug" <laurieanddoug@rogers.com> wrote in message
> > Out of the blue, whenever I remove the power supply to my Compaq
> > Presario R3000, the display fades to faint. The battery is fully
> > charged. Before when I removed the cord there was no impact to the
> > display. Does anyone have a solution to this ?
>
> look at "Power Options" in Control Panel. There are usually separate
> settings for running on AC power and on battery.

Still couldn't fix it through power options, but on the HP site
eventually stumbled upon guide on how to adjust for brightness. Just
a Fn then F8. Doh. The new settings were saved.
Anonymous
a b ) Power supply
a b D Laptop
October 31, 2004 7:43:30 PM

Doug wrote:

> Out of the blue, whenever I remove the power supply to my Compaq
> Presario R3000, the display fades to faint. The battery is fully
> charged. Before when I removed the cord there was no impact to the
> display. Does anyone have a solution to this ?

Well, may be the battery is fully charged according to windows but this
does not necessarily means it has not lost its ability to provide enough
amps. It may sound easier said than done, but before doing anything, I
would try to use a "new" battery and see what happens. If this still
happens with a proven battery, this is beyond me and probably means the
failure of an important componant on the Mobo.

--
John Doue
!