Sign in with
Your question

Realtek HD Audio - speaker notconnected message

Last response: in Motherboards
April 3, 2011 4:51:36 PM

Hi, I am new here and I have a problem with my Realtek audio. Following a shortcircuit at the speaker otput, it came on the screen, that the have been disconnected. Since, I can not activate the speaker or headphone output. On the speaker it says that no speaker is not connectet. Only the digital output is working. I connected a bluetooth AV audio and this works fine.
My computer is the Fujitsu esprimo Q5020 with the AOpen I965GMX-IF motherboard. I should also mention that I have absolute no knowledge about computers!!!
Any help is highly apreciated.

Thank you all
a c 716 V Motherboard
April 3, 2011 5:20:49 PM

Welcome to Tom's Forums! :) 

Well if you had a 'short-circuit' you may have permanently damaged a portion of the audio output circuitry.

You can also try to reinstall the driver by uninstalling the Audio drivers. The simplest way is to open the Device Manager**, and [+] expand the Sound, video and game controller 'tree', right-click Uninstall on ALL of the listed items listed underneath. Restart.

** Device Manager - Start, right-click My Computer, select Properties and click Device Manager.

This will reinstall all of the Drivers that were removed and potentially correct a corrupt driver and/or registry entry.

Example:
April 3, 2011 10:30:34 PM

Hii, Thank you for the advice.
I have done it (uninstalling and reinstalling) but no changes at all :( 
I think you are right with the permanent damage to the audio circuit but is there a way to repair it?? As said, I do not have any knowledge with computers but I have excellent electronic skills.
One more thing, when i checke in the device manager, the realtek audio was listet as working ok ??? Would it not indicate any hardware damage??
The shortcirciut I mentioned was just a blink of an eye and as soon as it happened a message came up, saying that the speaker have been disconnected???
Any further ideas??

Kazikay
!