phb07jm

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Hello,

I am having a little trouble with my SSD. For some reason the read/write speeds are way below what I was expecting/hoping for. This is what CrystalDiskMark reports:

uXNsw.png

http://imgur.com/uXNsw

Also windows Experience Index is 5.9 which is when it should be >7 for SSD. :(

I've searched this and other forums pretty thoroughly but not got anywhere, this is what I've tried so far...

1. Fresh install of Windows 7
2. Updated all mobo drivers
3. Sata in Bios set to ACHI mode

Also, I have no flags in device manager which reports that the SSD driver is also up-to-date. I'm totally out of ideas so any help would really be appreciated!

System specs:
Gigabye: GA-Z77X-D3H mobo
OCZ Nocti Series NOC-MSATA-60G mSATA 60GB

Cheers,

phb07jm

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Thanks, I'd not seen that review.

I'm still a little confused though, I went SSD because I expected a significant speed up but this seems to indicate that my SSD is actually slightly slower than my internal HDD. Did I just choose badly?

If I wanted to upgrade to improve the speed of my system drive could you suggest anything?

Thanks again.

phb07jm

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
Thanks, I'd not seen that review.

I'm still a little confused though, I went SSD because I expected a significant speed up but this seems to indicate that my SSD is actually slightly slower than my internal HDD. Did I just choose badly?

If I wanted to upgrade to improve the speed of my system drive could you suggest anything?

Thanks again.

:eek: oops double post!