ATi HDCP Class Action Lawsuit

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Hello!

A few years ago, a class action lawsuit was arranged by consumers upset over ATI's supposedly erroneous claim of being "HDCP compliant" and "HDCP capable." I bought a 9800xt a few years back and was eligible for the lawsuit. Thinking that I wouldn't lose anything by participating, I signed the necessary forms online and submitted them.

A few days ago, I received a white box in the mail that I had no idea what it was for. I opened it up and it was an HD 4650 from ATI as settlement for the case!

Yay for free video cards!

Anyone else get one? :kaola:

Solution
wow, a free card, congratulation... :)

yeah, you can use that 4650 as a paper-weight... :lol:

is it enough as a backup of your GTX 285? :D

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I blame the USPS :p

I have no idea what I'll use it for though. I'll probably end up keeping it as a backup card in case anything happens to mine. Maybe at the most I might build a cheapy HTPC with it so I can stream shows to it without having to convert it to a format that my 360 likes.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
@wa1, yeah really. A big paperweight XD

It would be enough to boot in case my display stopped working and I needed to troubleshoot (lol rhyme). I had a 9800 gx2 previously and it burnt out and I didn't have a backup card. I had to secretly use my girlfriend's 260 to test on my system to confirm that it was my video card that had died.

TRENDING THREADS