CPU (Quad Q8200) Idle temps at 60 degrees :( New heatsink and Case and PSU :(

Phoerocks

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
Hi all, I just bought and setup an antec 1200 case, a 850W Antec PSU, and an arctic freezer 7 pro CPU cooler :)

It's just.. everything works just fine.. (apart from I broke my gtx260 in the process :( luckily i had a backup one... so much for SLI! :(
ANYWAY... My idle temp of my (not overclocked) Q8200 cpu is 55-60 degrees on idle, and around 80 on load :s
All fans are not covered up by wires or anything and it's actually worse than before I made this awesome upgrade! WHAT DO I DO :( Please help me! Also now the old cpu fan makes no difference and the new ones DEFINITELY plugged in correctly. What would YOU do?!!
(antec 1200 with no dust filters and all fans on highest makes no difference)

Phoerocks

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010
The new heatsink already came with thermal paste on it! Please help :( I think this is some kind of software-related problem the actual hardware itself.. i mean... the air in the case is awesomely cold and the new cpu cooler looks awesome, me and my friend are the most confused we've ever been!!!

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Don't think it could be a software issue if you just replaced the PSU/Case/Cooler. Make absolutely sure that the ACF7P is securely fastened to the motherboard as i have done the same and thought it was fastened but it was not...

Phoerocks

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2010

Well, PC Wizard 2010 tells me my GPU is about 35-40 degrees on idle, and the highest it goes up to (using furmark) is about 70. Apparently these temps are ok, but I just don't understand my cpu temps.
I am getting my cpu temps from Speedfan, Core temp, Realtemp, PC Wizard 2010, etc.. they all say the same :s

bryann816a

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
i get idle temps of 30 per core at 3.01 and 53 at load. my guess is that the cooler isnt sitting right or there might be a problem with the coolers surface. its wise to clean the surface before applying therm paste. haha besides i use an aftermarket cooler and my cable management isnt the best but i always try to keep the case as clutter free as i can and i think it makes a great difference :) hope that helps