Need help with my build

pillkl

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=13323085

A few things to note:

1. There's a 1k PSU because I want to buy monstrous graphics cards when the new 6xxx or 5xx cards come out.

2. I was thinking about getting the Corsair H50 as the CPU cooler but I think the Megahalems is just better and it's cheaper on top of that.

3. I was debating the HAF-X over the HAF-932, not sure.

4. I'm going to use my current XFX 5850 for the new PC

Any suggestions are welcome!

edit: It's for playing games mostly, I will be overclocking everything, and I have no budget but I don't want to spend more than I have to

Solution
You don't look like you need much help.

You could save some by getting the Asus P6X58D-E instead of the premium, as most people don't need the features that the Premium has, and the Premium wouldn't be noticeably better than the -E in OCing either.

I agree that the Prolimatech Megahalems is the better choice for a heatsink.

According to this chart the Scythe S-Flex 1200RPM fan gets a bit more airflow compared to the Gentle Typhoon you listed, while being quieter. Seeing as it's going on your CPU which you plan to OC I'd suggest getting the 1600RPM S-Flex, as it is still very quiet, but produces a bit more airflow which would likely be beneficial in keeping temps down.
You don't look like you need much help.

You could save some by getting the Asus P6X58D-E instead of the premium, as most people don't need the features that the Premium has, and the Premium wouldn't be noticeably better than the -E in OCing either.

I agree that the Prolimatech Megahalems is the better choice for a heatsink.

According to this chart the Scythe S-Flex 1200RPM fan gets a bit more airflow compared to the Gentle Typhoon you listed, while being quieter. Seeing as it's going on your CPU which you plan to OC I'd suggest getting the 1600RPM S-Flex, as it is still very quiet, but produces a bit more airflow which would likely be beneficial in keeping temps down.

Solution