Sign in with
Your question

Low-power Low(er) Cost Gaming Machine

Last response: in Systems
July 4, 2010 10:08:02 PM
July 5, 2010 4:45:18 AM

Other than having limited HDD space by today's standards it looks like you are off to a pretty decent build. You could save a few $$$ on the mouse (get a basic mouse) and use that money to get a much bigger HDD if you just buy the case without the combo. Something like this Samsung HDD would be much better in the long run:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Good luck!
July 5, 2010 5:08:06 AM

Hard Disk capacity does not concern me too much as I usually get rid of videos once I am done with them. I usually only have the bare things needed to run on my hard drive and have all of my shows stored on an external drive. Right now I am only using 40 GB/200 GB of my current drive.

Thanks though. I'll consider. I was banking on the mouse because I've never been able to have a hope for enjoying my games (now it's touchpad + integrated graphics; before it was just terrible integrated graphics + mouse) If it's not much of a difference, I'll swap it out.
July 5, 2010 5:23:46 AM

I am using the very mouse you are thinking about right now and I have to admit, it is a great mouse. The choice is yours and I understand your HDD/storage use. Still you have put together what should be a pretty decent box. Enjoy!
!