Want to add a third display, an HDTV to my setup

Hi everyone,

I thought here would be a great place to ask my question. I am currently selling off my dedicated HTPC due to some financial trouble and will be attempting to consolidate my computing and multimedia needs within just my one main computer. I currently have a dual monitor setup in which I utilize a Sapphire 4850 (100245L) for my 2 DVI connected monitors.

What would be the best way to stay connected the way I am right now and add a third display, that being my Sony HDTV, via HDMI? Obviously I am looking at getting a new video card here. Whats the best way to go? I would like to stay within a reasonable price range and enjoy, hopefully a fuss free, tri-monitor experience. Should I get a whole new graphics card to support all 3 displays if possible or one on top of what I have right now... if thats possible? My motherboard is an MSI P55M-GD45. Thanks for any advice, cheers! :)
2 answers Last reply
More about want display hdtv setup
  1. You could crossfire another 4850, but that x4 speed on the second link would bottleneck it, and it would take lots of power... I would recommend a 5750 or 5770. Here's a 5750 for $100 after rebate:
  2. Are you going to be gaming or just watching/browsing the internet?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics