How to recover corrupted partition?

hunted22

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Hello all..

Looks like a problem accrued while editing a partition with Acronis disk director. now the software indicates that there is a file system error with the partition..

The partition is shown on my computer as an unformated partition. In disk management, its RAW. tried to do Windows check, but it says "disk check could not be performed because windows cant access the disk".
I'm not able to check the partition with Acronis as well. I also tried to delete the partition and recover it using Acronis, but it recovers the partition at this state (with this file system issue) while EASEUS partition recovery is useless.

I'd like to find a way to fix file system and recover the partition.. if this is not possible, I'd like to at least salvage the data. before reusing the space to create a new partition.

Any ideas guys..

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Stop deleting stuff. That's the first thing. If your data are important, clone your drive, sector-by-sector, and then use data recovery software on the clone.

You didn't say what kind of editing you were doing, or which OS you were using.

My initial approach would be to examine sector 0 and the boot sector, if it still exists. If you are using Windows, you could try Microsoft's Sector Inspector:

http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/SecInspect.zip

If you extract the above archive to the one folder and execute the SIrun.bat file, then this will generate a report file named SIout.txt.
Stop deleting stuff. That's the first thing. If your data are important, clone your drive, sector-by-sector, and then use data recovery software on the clone.

You didn't say what kind of editing you were doing, or which OS you were using.

My initial approach would be to examine sector 0 and the boot sector, if it still exists. If you are using Windows, you could try Microsoft's Sector Inspector:

http://www.users.on.net/~fzabkar/SecInspect.zip

If you extract the above archive to the one folder and execute the SIrun.bat file, then this will generate a report file named SIout.txt.

Solution