Sign in with
Your question

HP pavillion a1355a wont power up

Last response: in CPUs
September 2, 2010 5:16:20 AM

I have a HP pavilion a1355a that just won't boot up. The LED light is green initially, but as soon as I press the power button it goes off. After pushing the power button, the CPU and the system fan turns on. The hard disk and the DVD drive are receiving power and are on, but the monitor says no signal. Had a technician check the machine, who said that the MOBO is gone. So ordered a new MOBO, HP RC410-M. Replaced the MOBO and yet the same situation. Not to mention I got poorer by $100 (by getting the new MOBO). Any help in getting this machine to boot up would be greatly appreciated. By the way, could the issue be with CPU? I do not have another machine to eliminate what the problem is.
a b à CPUs
September 2, 2010 10:38:53 AM

CPUs generally just don't die out. Are you sure everything is connected? Including the four or eight pin CPU connection?
m
l
September 2, 2010 12:26:10 PM

Lmeow said:
CPUs generally just don't die out. Are you sure everything is connected? Including the four or eight pin CPU connection?

Yes, I have checked the connections. The 24-pin connector that provides power to the motherboard as well as the 4-pin connector that provides power to the CPU. There is no beep or bios display. The CPU fan and the system fan turns on. The fan on the PCIE X16 graphics card is also on. But the system shows no POST. I even took the motherboard and PSU out of the cabinet and ran it with bare minimums, i.e. cpu with heatsink, mouse and keyboard and by short circuiting the power pin with a screw driver and yet no POST.
m
l
!