Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia 7950 GTX and windows 7-64bit

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
May 27, 2010 5:31:35 AM

I recently updated my alienware m9750 laptop to from vista 32 bit to windows 7 64-bit. My only problem is my graphic cards. I have two Nvidia 7950GTX 512mb cards and when I try to install the drivers I have issues. First if I install the driver from the Nvidia website my computer goes through the install process but when it goes to restart I get just a black screen after it says "windows is starting up". I've also tried going though the device manager, having windows search online for the drivers. When this happened the drivers went in and the computer restarted fine, I was really hopeful....but then at the bottom of the screen it said that windows was installing a device driver for the 3D video controller, and within like 3 minutes my computer screen went black and stayed that way. I tried shutting it off and then restarting windows normally, but it wouldn't start. I really have no idea what to do, or what to even try doing at this point. If anyone has any idea of what I could do I would really appreciate the help.

a b Î Nvidia
May 27, 2010 11:07:08 AM

So the windows doesn't start again ?
Does it come up in safe mode ?
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
May 27, 2010 11:49:52 AM

Interesting, did you try the proper install package for 64bit? Keep trying to boot the laptop even if you have not choice but to use a standard desktop monitor.
m
l
November 3, 2010 12:59:44 PM

Did you find a solution???????
m
l
!