Adding multiple reg files

Is there any way to add multiple reg files to the registry at once?

I was fixing my cousins computer and one reboot one of her automatic tools
(errorguard) popped up and deleted around 7000 registry keys. I have them
backed up as reg files but I need to get them back into the registry.

Are there any tools or options that will allow me to do this? Adding 7000
reg keys manually isn't a task i am looking forward to :).

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:57A6E37C-4BEC-438C-A1FC-E0FEF2580E73@microsoft.com,
CM679 <CM679@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Is there any way to add multiple reg files to the registry at once?
>
> I was fixing my cousins computer and one reboot one of her automatic
> tools (errorguard) popped up and deleted around 7000 registry keys.
> I have them backed up as reg files but I need to get them back into
> the registry.
>
> Are there any tools or options that will allow me to do this? Adding
> 7000 reg keys manually isn't a task i am looking forward to :).

Can you highlight all of them and select "merge" from a right click context
menu? Highlight them all and then clicking on any one of them should give
you the choice to merge the files. Yes, just checked, it worked here so
should work there for you.

Galen

Thanks Galen, i'll give it a try but I think last time I tried something like
that I had to confirm the action for each and every reg file which would take
an age.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:9492FE7C-3A65-4A51-9BBE-6649C07100C9@microsoft.com,
CM679 <CM679@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Thanks Galen, i'll give it a try but I think last time I tried
> something like that I had to confirm the action for each and every
> reg file which would take an age.

Oh, you'll still have to confirm each action. It's just that's the fastest
way that I know of to do it unless you had to do so many times in that case
you'd want to turn them all into one giant .reg file. You only have to do
this on time. You MIGHT be able to get away with restoring to an earlier
time - or trying the F8 key during boot and selecting last known good
configuration IIRC.

Galen

Use
regedit /s filename

to avoid dialogs.

"CM679" <CM679@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9492FE7C-3A65-4A51-9BBE-6649C07100C9@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Galen, i'll give it a try but I think last time I tried something like
> that I had to confirm the action for each and every reg file which would take
> an age.

thanks for the help guys.