Madcut

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
I recently bought an EVGA GTX 480 video card. I just opened the box and the seal on the bag was broken and the protective plastic sticker thing over the fan was off. The card looks like it is in good condition other than that and all of the cables and drivers were there. I'm curious if I just bought a used video card or what the deal is? From google searches it looks like I may have gotten an RMA'd card.

If that is the case, do I take it back to the store I bought it from? I think I lost the receipt so I'm not sure if I can send it back to manufacturer? Or should I install it and benchmark it to see if it is okay? The rest of my computer parts ship in tomorrow, so I'm pretty freakin' bummed if this is a bad card as I was planning on building tomorrow.

It looks like you got an open box item. If you paid full price, I would take it back for sure. Or at least try to see if they'll take it back. Maybe a credit card statement?

DON'T lose your receipts. Especially not with video cards worth several hundred dollars.
If not I guess you're stuck with it, Install and pray.