Cannot Display This Video Mode.Change computer resolution.

LordKail

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
Hello,I am having a really bad problem.I bought this PC a year ago and I started to get an error message ''Cannot display this video mode.Please change computer resolution to 1280x1024 60Mhz.It appears when I am trying to play a game.It comes totally randomly and with some games it does, and with some it doesn't.
It comes basically after 30s to 15 minutes (depending on the game).

Things I have done:
1) Cleaned my computer from dust and etc and I think that the heat is not a problem because that resolution error comes at around 50 *C though I noticed, that as soon as I cleaned it well, the error came slower (but it still did).

2)Changed computer resolutions endlessly, and also in-game resolutions.That doesn't change anything

3)Changed refresh rates.

I really want to solve this problem because it has been driving me crazy and I have yet to receive an answer.

PS: My video card is Ati Radeon HD4850 and If I have to include more information, then please tell me which information and I will do that.

Thank you

LordKail

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
But that error comes when I play like high-GPU Requirement games and well, some less graphical games but I don't think that IGP can run them D:

PS: The problem has worsened I think, now it comes with some of things that it didn't come with before.