Processor Amd Athlon ii x3 440 3.0ghz
Motherboard MSI 785GM-E51

Ram CORSAIR 2GB 240-Pin DDR3
Graphic card XFX HD-567X-ZNF3 Radeon HD 5670 1GB

Monitor AOC 20" 2036SA Wide Screen TFT LCD
case NZXT GUARDIAN 921 (with psu – 400)
Hard drive Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB :bounce:

Solution
thanks dipankar. And thanks for clarifying your opinion on the CPU.

My recommendation for the Athlon IIx2 though is if money if a major issue. Since he wants to play all games, I'd rather have a 5750 and an Athlon IIx2 than a 5670 and an athlon IIx3

Anyway, I need to know the total amount of funds you have for the computer. I don't recommend breaking it down like you are now into parts. Tell me how much you have to spend in total on RAM, CPU and GPU.

As for a recommended monitor, it's a lot of personal preference. I like 22" myself. Nice compromise on size and portability and gets you up to 1080p resolution. If money is tight though and you don't mind a resolution like 720p, I recommend a 720p monitor. Much cheaper and gaming on a...
they are all compatable, and fairly average for gaming. I dont think the PSU in that case is not enough to run any better video card than what you have picked unfortunately. Assuming that is a 1080p monitor you will struggle to run games at the monitors native resolution with that video card. If you cant stretch your budget any further, i guess its a well balanced build.

That's why I asked what the system was for. I had suspicion.

The 5670 is a low end card. It is a bit better than the radeon 3870/ 4670. It can play most games at lowered settings. If you play at setting around 720p, you should be fine for most games.

I had a 3870 for quite a while. I don't mind lowering setting but I do mind lowering my resolution. I also really like to have 50+ FPS. I can compromise this in Crysis though. This is the reason why I could not play BFBC2 or Cryostasis. I recently upgraded to a 4850 (equal to a 5750/GTS250) and can now play some of these games more comfortably.

Your 20" monitor is likely 1080p or possibly 1200p. If you don't mind lowering the settings of more demanding games to 720p with reduced quality, you won't have much of an issue with the 5670 but I would expect to be upgrading for newer games in the next year or 2.

If you can afford it, I would recommend the current range of GTX460/6850/6870. Well worth their price. If not, the 5770 and 5750 and GTS450 are good cards, but not as worth their price if you can find an older 4850/4870 for sale. Usually they go much lower and except for the 5xxx supporting DX11 (not a big deal now. Even not having DX10 still isn't a huge issue) the 4850=5750 and 4870=5770.

If you cannot go any higher with your graphics card, and cannot find a used 4850 or similar from someone for a decent price (I got mine used for $20 off a guy!), then keep in mind what I said about settings and your gaming ability and don't expect anything higher for the price. But you still can play most games at lowered settings except perhaps Cryostasis or Crysis. If you do decide to get any video card higher than a 5750, I recommend getting 4GB of memory as opposed to 2GB. I had no issues with 2GB system memory with my old card because the settings required in some games to push past 2GB would have required a better video card but now with my 4850, I'm glad I have 4GB of system memory.

Other than that though, your system is a good budget system. Just one more suggestion: If you don't intend to play more CPU intensive games like Dragon age, BFBC2 or a few others, Consider getting an Athlon IIx2 and upgrading the video to a 5750 instead. It will keep the same price and be more capable, except in those more CPU intensive games.

What? There is no such thing. It's like you tried to combine the Athlon IIx2 250 and the Phenom IIx2 550 BE.

Anyway, I have no clue why dipankar says it sucks for gaming. He also didn't seem to give any logical reasons for his conclusion.

Unfortunately, most of us are from the USA. I myself am Canadian. So I'm unfamiliar with Indian pricing. If you can show me a few Indian websites with prices, I'll try to help out.

dipankar is right about one thing though, you would be better off with the triple core for gaming than the faster-per-core dual core. However, like I said, if lowering your CPU means upping your video card, it will be better for most games.

thanks dipankar. And thanks for clarifying your opinion on the CPU.

My recommendation for the Athlon IIx2 though is if money if a major issue. Since he wants to play all games, I'd rather have a 5750 and an Athlon IIx2 than a 5670 and an athlon IIx3

Anyway, I need to know the total amount of funds you have for the computer. I don't recommend breaking it down like you are now into parts. Tell me how much you have to spend in total on RAM, CPU and GPU.

As for a recommended monitor, it's a lot of personal preference. I like 22" myself. Nice compromise on size and portability and gets you up to 1080p resolution. If money is tight though and you don't mind a resolution like 720p, I recommend a 720p monitor. Much cheaper and gaming on a native 720p monitor at 720p resolution will look better than on a 1080p monitor, if AA is turned off.
Basically you will make a sacrifice to a lower resolution but in exchange get an increase in performance since your hardware will not be as taxed on a lower resolution.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.