Dell dimension e520 graphic card

Hello, I have a dell dimension e520 and im looking for the best swap in graphic card this thing can run without having to cut splice grind and hack the inside of this up. Any help will be appriciated
9 answers Last reply
More about dell dimension e520 graphic card
  1. I have the exact same model Dell as you do, so it's your lucky day. Anyway tell me more about your PC, did you up the PSU to something higher?
  2. i ran the 9600GT off that exact same PSU using a power adapter
    ATI also offers the 5670 which uses less power with similar performance
  3. Actually I uped the PSU to an EarthWatts 650, but it's overkill since you can't stuff anything higher than the Visiontek Radeon HD 5770, which uses less than that. Mele sure the card has a single slot backplate. Galaxy showcased a single slot Geforce 470 over on Anandtech but that would definately mean an upgraded PSU and a increased chance of frying the card.
  4. My computer is bone stock, no upgrades on it at all. Just looking for the the best card that will slide right in without upgrading anything else. Thanks guys
  5. Any suggestions? I want to try and get one between today and tomorrow. Just a plug and play card. The game I play is Street legal racing redline
  6. ILL3000gt said:
    Any suggestions? I want to try and get one between today and tomorrow. Just a plug and play card. The game I play is Street legal racing redline

an energy efficient 9800GT
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500142&cm_re=9800GT-_-14-500-142-_-Product

or ATI 5670
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102871

will both be plug and play for you (no need for 6-pin power and your PSU will run them with no issue)
  7. Thanks man, which will run better?
  8. both will run about the same, the ATI offers DX11 if you are running win 7
  9. Im windows xp, I'll just pick one at random, thanks again
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Dimension Dell Graphics Product