Sapphire 5770 and having driver issues

mark $

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
So I've tried every driver back to 9.12 and that's the only one that's worked.
Here's the problem, installation finishes but when I reboot the w7 boot gui shows up then a few seconds later (when login screen should show up) it freezes and I have to restart, and do a system restore. Then I would clean drivers with driver sweeper and try another driver. (I've tried both drivers+ccc package, and separately with same result).
So 10.5-10.1 don't work, only 9.12. Any ideas as to why I can't use a recent driver?

mark $

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Tried that was well, ccc wont install in safe mode due to hardware detection not being allowed so I manually installed it with the cmd as well as through the device manager. Didn't work. Thanks for the attempts though, lemme know if you have any other ideas :)

mark $

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
Since I've had them, I bought 2 sapphire 5770s (one 2 weeks ago, 1 4 weeks ago) One had video artifacting so I had to RMA it to the guy I bought it from. The other is new from newegg and only been about 10 days so I can return it to them and get another brand or something. Card 1 had artifacting but experienced the same driver issues (only 9.12 worked and had major artifacting as well). Card 2 only 9.12 works, but no artifacting. It overclocks fairly nicely as well. I'm starting to think it might have to do with the copy of windows or something...

dinkle85

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Maybe problem with your graphic card card.

Cause i use 10.4 ccc for my HD 5770 and now i use 10.5 ccc... There is no problem when install driver. :)

mister g

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
Stupid idea: try system restoring to the point where CCC did work back in 9.12 and install from there. Sometimes CCC will break compatability with some flash games and I do that and install CCC again to get it to work, it usually does.

suat

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I suggest you to remove CCC 9.12 from Programs in Control Panel and do a bit of a cleaning in Registry:

Remove HKCU\Software\Ati keys
Remove HKLM\Software\Ati keys
Remove HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Ati keys ( note: some of the
keys may be named AMD. Be careful with them. Read the descriptions on the
right pane. They should point to Ati display adapter. )

You should also delete Ati files in 'Windows\System32\Drivers' directory.

Finally, remove Ati HD5xxx series Display Adapter in Device Manager. You should also tick Remove drivers checkbox. This will leave your HD5xxx card as VGA adapter.

After rebooting as requested, you can install the new CCC. This way CCC installs cleanly without being affected from the previous settings.

In some instances, you may receive an error message .INF file was not found. This time you should go to C:\Ati\Support folder and re-start the installation from the setup.exe. ( Note: C: is your Windows install drive. )

Hope the above helps.

TRENDING THREADS