giogio49

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
I have uninstalling it but only time I attempt to install Easy Tune 6 , displayed the message ; < uninstall Easy Tune 5 First > .

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hi there,

First of all, what OS and motherboard are you using, and did you install or have EasyTune 5 on this computer?

You can look in your file structure, C:\ Program Files (86) \ Gigabyte and see if ET5 is there. That may answer the question.

To uninstall it, you can go to Add\Remove Programs or Programs and Features in Win-7 to uninstall it,
In the All Programs menu, Gigabyte has a listing of ET5 or ET6, and a subchoice is Uninstall,
or you might use Revo Uninstaller Free or Pro, which will list all the installed applets on your computer, and the Pro version has a "find" feature where you type in the exact name, and it will find the application and remove all vestiges of it.

Hope that helps you get off with the "old" and "on" with the new!

giogio49

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
I ' use Windows XP Sp3 with Gigabyte mother bord " M61SME-S2L". I have uninstall ET5 with Revo uninstaller , in the folder of c:\ Program Files \ Gigabyte the ET5 not exist , but each time I tent to install ET5 or ET6 displayed the message " you need to remove ET5 firs " Thank you . Awaiting your reply . Giogio.

John_VanKirk

Distinguished
Hi Giogio,

Very carefully check 3 areas in your file structure and remove only the ET5 or EasyTune5 folder if you find them.

First click on All Programs, and if you find an entry for EasyTune5, right click on it to delete it.

Then, go to C:\Program Files\Gigabyte\ and look at the sub folders. If you find a subfolder calledr ET5 or EasyTune5 - delete the folder - no others.

Very carefully: double click Regedit to open your registry. Click on HKCU\Software\Gigabyte\ and look for a subfolder ET5. If you find it, delete it. Don't delete any other folders there, just the ET5. There will be another entry in your registry under your SID, but leave it alone and it will be deleted when the first entry is deleted.

If you are unsure or feel unsafe about editing your registry, have someone who is familiar with registry editing help with that part. When you delete an item in the registry, it is immediate and permanent.

I always export the registry section I am going to edit and save it on the desktop. (that would be the Gigabyte Folder). Then if you delete an entry that was not correct, you can just double click on the desktop icon on the desktop and it will be merged back into the registry exactly as it was before.

Another way to make sure all of ET5 is cleared from your system, it to start Revo Uninstaller, on the tool bar click on "Install Programs" and it will track every step as you install "EasyTune 5". Install the older EasyTune 5, and when finisher, stop Revo Uninstaller. Finally open the "Tracked Programs" in Revo, choose EasyTune 5, and uninstall it. That way it will remove every installed component of EasyTune 5, even ClassId entries placed in the registry.

Try the easier methods listed first.
You should be able to completely get rid of it.

giogio49

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011

giogio49

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Hi JON and many thanks for your suggestions . Your solutions was very helpful for me .
Thanks another time Giogio .