Different versions of 2k4?

So, my BIG question for the day is: Did they come out with a DVD version of
UT2004? I remember them saying something to that tune a while back but I
forget the details. I mean, I love UT, but 4 million CD's to install is
excessive.

Heh, I only thought about this because of that post above/below: Re: Could
Someone Please Post Unreal Tournament 2004?? Please!! I have CD 1 Need CD 2
To Play

coolio.

-HawaiianHobo

BTW, today is my birthday....22 baby. :)

"HawaiianHobo" <Askme@cox.net> wrote in message
> So, my BIG question for the day is: Did they come out with a DVD version
of
> UT2004? I remember them saying something to that tune a while back but I
> forget the details. I mean, I love UT, but 4 million CD's to install is
> excessive.
>
> Heh, I only thought about this because of that post above/below: Re: Could
> Someone Please Post Unreal Tournament 2004?? Please!! I have CD 1 Need CD
2
> To Play
>
> coolio.
>
> -HawaiianHobo
>
> BTW, today is my birthday....22 baby. :)

the dvd release in the US was limited to 60,000 copies in the special
edition package only. If you weren't one of the lucky ones to snag that
there was no other dvd release for us. But supposedly on april 13 they are
going to ship a few more dvd's in the US because of the high demand.

But if I were you, I would snag one as soon as possible since it is possible
that this will be another limited release.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

Andrew

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 17:47:44 -0700, "HawaiianHobo" <Askme@cox.net>
wrote:

>So, my BIG question for the day is: Did they come out with a DVD version of
>UT2004?

Yes, as a brief search on groups.google.com would reveal.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.

"HawaiianHobo" <Askme@cox.net> wrote:
>Did they come out with a DVD version of
>UT2004?

Yes, there are at least four different versions:

The Demo (free for download)

The CD-Rom version (5 or 6 CDs)

The DVD version (one DVD)

The Special Edition (one Game DVD, one video tutorials DVD, headset,
metal wrapper, stickers, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah)

[They are also re-releasing the DVD version, but not clear if it's
going to be the single Game DVD, two DVDs, or the whole Special
Edition kit]

--
William Smith

"Anobis" <Anobis_666@hotmail.com> wrote in

> whel i dont know in your country but hire thear are comin a new
> shipmend off special editions nexst week :)
> 4 the chaps that dont got 1 :p

1) In the future, please use English.

2) The new sets of DVDs coming to the US aren't the same as the first set
of special editions; there's no tin or headphones. However, they will have
both of the DVDs that were in the special edition (as opposed to the non-SE
DVD version available in Europe).

--
Andrew Timson
===============

William P.N. Smith <> wrote in news:gh4l70dfipsc58lcaup21pu8aji2b1cj4b@
4ax.com:

> [They are also re-releasing the DVD version, but not clear if it's
> going to be the single Game DVD, two DVDs, or the whole Special
> Edition kit]

Umm... it's quite clear that it'll be two DVDs, since the 3DBuzz videos are
mentioned. :)

--
Andrew Timson
===============

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:01:17 -0400, William P.N Smith wrote:

> Yes, there are at least four different versions:
>
> The Demo (free for download)
>
> The CD-Rom version (5 or 6 CDs)
>
> The DVD version (one DVD)
>
> The Special Edition (one Game DVD, one video tutorials DVD, headset,
> metal wrapper, stickers, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah)
>
> [They are also re-releasing the DVD version, but not clear if it's
> going to be the single Game DVD, two DVDs, or the whole Special
> Edition kit]

Apparently there's a version of UT2K4 that has more gametypes than just
Onslaught, though I suspect this could just be a vicious rumour.

--
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1

Mr K <duffstuff@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Apparently there's a version of UT2K4 that has more gametypes than just
>Onslaught, though I suspect this could just be a vicious rumour.

Missed your smiley. Onslaught is the only _interesting_ game type,
but even the demo has more than one game type...

--
William Smith

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:53:46 -0400, William P.N Smith wrote:

> Missed your smiley.

Nah, it's there. :)

--
R.L.U. #300033, running WM 0.80.1 under MDK9.1