Pre build computer,need to decide on SSD and HDD

Boris_72

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Hello,im in need of help to decide which HDD and SSD should i take for my pre built computer.

My configuration is :

Assus P8Z77-V PREMIUM

EVGA GeForce GTX 670 SuperClocked 4096MB GDDR5, 2x Dual-Link DVI, HDMI, DP, 4-Way SLI Ready Graphics Card

CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10 (Ver2.2)(XMP) 32GB ( 4x 8GB )

Intel Core i7-3770K BX80667i73770K Processor - Quad Core, 8MB L3 Cache, 3.50GHz (3.90GHz Max Turbo), Socket H2 (LGA1155), 77W,

I would appriciate your advice on which is the best considering this configuration. Thank you.

If this is a purely gaming and regular usage build, then I recommend getting an i5 instead of an i7. The i7 have almost zero advantage in gaming performance. Their advantage over the i5s is in highly threaded performance and excluding BF3 MP, games simply aren't that well-threaded.

I'm confused as to why you want 32GB. Am I wrong in assuming that this is a gaming build? If it's a gaming build, then you're wasting your money if you go past 8GB because there's no benefit from it.

A 4GB graphics card is no good by itself. They're only good for SLI configurations and at that poign you might as well go AMD because they handle multi-GPU, very graphically intensive situations better anyway.

Boris_72

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
Yes i play games but thats not my only intencion,also im doing 3d modeling and editing so i kinda need this rig. Im trying to decide which SSD and HDD should i take i would appriciate for help. Thank you

Are you sure that an AMD graphics card wouldn't be better? If your software supports OpenCL or Direct Compute acceleration, then the AMD Radeon 7900 cards would have a huge advantage over any other consumer graphics cards.

For an SSD, I recommend choosing between the Samsung 830, the Vertex 4, and a Plextor SSD. They are all very high performance and very high reliability with the latest firmware.

For hard drives, Western Digital Caviar Blues and the somewhat faster Blacks are what I recommend.

Boris_72

Honorable
Aug 26, 2012
I see,had some doubts about graphic card since i was not sure should i go for it or not. Thank you very much for your suggestions,im gonna look at SSD and HDD you recommended.