Truepower Quattro 850W and GTX 260????

Hi everyone!!! I just got an MSI GTX 260 Twin Frozr OC. Ever since I had it ive been getting nothing but freezing in my games. Although i'll have a smooth 60fps in game, every few seconds the game will freeze and then go back to normal. I've tested everything: memtest, cpu stability test, chkdsk, and even RMA the videocard. My power supply is a Truepower Quattro 850W. I know that it has 4 +12v rails each running at 18A. Is this not enough to power the video card? I've had the power supply for almost 2 years so is it possibly dying??
17 answers Last reply
More about truepower quattro 850w
  1. try your card on another computer with decent PSU...

try different cable connector for the card...
  2. Check to see if the port you connected your power supply's plug to is working. If everythings still working, maybe replace your video card or return it.
  3. I doubt if the PSU has something to do with your problem. That PSU has more than enough capacity to power your hardware.

I have 2 Antec Quatro 850W and it never cause any freeze up or BSOD on my PC. My PC has a higher load(GTX 280OC cards) than what you have.

I recommend driver clean up before anything else.
  4. Ok first, to zipzoomflyhigh, the reason I got rid of them was because they ran too hot for me. I also didnt RMA the PSU, I RMA'd the video card!!! The PSU is antec not thermaltake (have no idea where u got that). To wa1, i tried different cables and it did me not good, also have no other computer to try it on. All drivers are up to date.
  5. Im using windows xp and 197.45 WHQL drivers.
  6. ughh no luck. Any other suggestions??
  7. Do not OC your PC
    Update your BIOS
    Update your drivers
    Make sure you remove all existing GPU driver
    Install new driver

For your GPU power: Use the 8PIn/6 Pin GPU connector that is hard-wired from the Antec Quatro 850. That what i use on my PC. Antec Quatro has a pair of hard-wired PCIE 8/6 connector. Use it to power your GPU.

Again 850 Watts is more than enough for your load.
  8. hehe you know what the funny thing is...... I DID ALL OF THOSE!!!! In my tag, yes it says the cpu is OC, but I took it off. FYI the card, I found out, is factory OC. I tried underclocking it but no luck. And to everything else you said, yes I DID IT ALL.
  9. http://www.xfire.com/video/2c2fed/

Go to the above URL, this has the video that I recorded in game. All of the lag is not from video recording but what has actually been bothering me for 2 weeks already. Watch plz.
  10. I just switched out the mobo with all new parts, still not working!!! Has to be the card. Maybe they recieved a bad patch of cards and gave me two of em in a row.
  11. wa1 said:
    try your card on another computer with decent PSU...

try different cable connector for the card...

LOL!

The Antec TPQ-850 will power SLI GTX 260's..... And that's what the OP said he has.

Look at my signature if you need proof. *shakes head*
  12. jerreece said:
    LOL!

The Antec TPQ-850 will power SLI GTX 260's..... And that's what the OP said he has.

Look at my signature if you need proof. *shakes head*

^
    I ask the OP to test the card in another computer just want to know whether his PSU is okay or not...
    I knew very well his PSU is a high quality one... :)
  13. Im gonna buy a new PSU to see what happens. I dont know anybody who has another one I can try. Not many 14 year olds do this =/. While im at it, maybe even a new video card. Ill try to make a deal with newegg....hopefully.
  14. wait, don't waste your money unless we know what is wrong...
    You can RMA the card, still on warranty, right?
  15. Quote:
    What hardrive do you have?

Does your computer pass Prime95 testing?

Are you sure it's not your internet connection?

Thx to you, I found out the prob. Although I was playing single player, IT WAS MY INTERNET!!!!! Since im using wifi (too lazy to run an ethernet cable but have to now), its constantly sending a signal back and forth. I've played games with wifi on before, but whatever. I unplugged the adapter and works like butter!!!
  16. Best answer selected by jrz895.
  17. Ummmm actually now I have a question. How can I stop that other than unplugging the adapter????
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Power Supplies Truepower Graphics