when did UT become UT99??

Meltdown

Margolis enlightened us with:
> When did Unreal Tournament change it's name to UT99? UT is UT
> damnit. There is no fricken 99 in it's title, and there is no need
> for it either!

I agree with you, but sometimes it's nice to make a clear, explicit
difference between them. I can't say it bothers me, though.

MeltDown
--
The problem with the world is stupidity. Not saying there should be
a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the

MeltDown <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> Blessed us
with news:slrnc7ktev.di4.meltdownUSE@sybren.thirdtower.com:

> Margolis enlightened us with:
>> When did Unreal Tournament change it's name to UT99? UT is
>> UT damnit. There is no fricken 99 in it's title, and there is
>> no need for it either!

MeltDown> I agree with you, but sometimes it's nice to make a
MeltDown> clear, explicit difference between them. I can't say it
MeltDown> bothers me, though.

I agree with both of you. The games are titled Unreal, Unreal
Tournament (with some variations such as GOTY, Gold, etc), Unreal
Tournament 2003, and Unreal Tournament 2004. I can say also that
the name UT99 doesn't really bother me and it does make it clearer
to the newbies to make a distinction between the first Unreal and
Unreal Tournament as they do sometimes confuse the two games. They
will also sometimes confuse UT with UT GOTY and the other variants.
Continuing the rant!

What's that in my sites?... Oh!... it looks like someone's
HEAD... Quick pull the trigger!... Man that was nasty!.

It also much quicker to type ;)

Regards,

-Fordy

www.planetunreal.com/fordy

"JHall" <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote in message
> MeltDown <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> Blessed us
> with news:slrnc7ktev.di4.meltdownUSE@sybren.thirdtower.com:
>
> > Margolis enlightened us with:
> >> When did Unreal Tournament change it's name to UT99? UT is
> >> UT damnit. There is no fricken 99 in it's title, and there is
> >> no need for it either!
> >
> MeltDown> I agree with you, but sometimes it's nice to make a
> MeltDown> clear, explicit difference between them. I can't say it
> MeltDown> bothers me, though.
>
> I agree with both of you. The games are titled Unreal, Unreal
> Tournament (with some variations such as GOTY, Gold, etc), Unreal
> Tournament 2003, and Unreal Tournament 2004. I can say also that
> the name UT99 doesn't really bother me and it does make it clearer
> to the newbies to make a distinction between the first Unreal and
> Unreal Tournament as they do sometimes confuse the two games. They
> will also sometimes confuse UT with UT GOTY and the other variants.
> Continuing the rant!

I guess some people really need to be told which version they're talking
about :shrugs:
TracerTong

"Margolis" <someone@somewhere.org> wrote in message
> When did Unreal Tournament change it's name to UT99? UT is UT damnit.
> There is no fricken 99 in it's title, and there is no need for it either!

So basically your not happy with people not being technically correct when
describing the original game of Unreal Tournament that was released back in
99?

Personally I think there are more important things to worry about in life,
but as the others say, yea it's incorrect but helps in identifying the
version the person is talking about.

If I were to be as petty, I'd pull you up for your incorrect use of "it's"
since that basically means "it is" and you used it in the sense where the
title belonged to "it" which in this case would have been "its title".

:p

hehe

Ky..

p.s. yea I'm in cheeky bastard mode today as I'm going to the dentist to get
an abscess dealt with. Pain. pain. pain!! and it's (<-- you see correct
use?) making me cranky!!! LOL!!

"Kyrakin" <kyrakin@nospammeh.com> wrote in message

> Personally I think there are more important things to worry about in life,
> but as the others say, yea it's incorrect but helps in identifying the
> version the person is talking about.
>
> If I were to be as petty, I'd pull you up for your incorrect use of "it's"

ppphhhhhhhttttttttt

;op

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

Margolis wrote:
> "Kyrakin" <kyrakin@nospammeh.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Personally I think there are more important things to worry about in
life,
>> but as the others say, yea it's incorrect but helps in identifying the
>> version the person is talking about.
>>
>> If I were to be as petty, I'd pull you up for your incorrect use of
"it's"

> ppphhhhhhhttttttttt

some people's kids, eh?

"§ï×darts" <sixdarts@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Margolis wrote:
> > "Kyrakin" <kyrakin@nospammeh.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Personally I think there are more important things to worry about in
> life,
> >> but as the others say, yea it's incorrect but helps in identifying the
> >> version the person is talking about.
> >>
> >> If I were to be as petty, I'd pull you up for your incorrect use of
> "it's"
> >

> > ppphhhhhhhttttttttt
> >

> some people's kids, eh?

All in good fun though !! :)