fadi-l

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Hello,
I have a USB-HDD 500 GB , I want to boot from it . but my problem when I put the "First Boot = USB-HDD " , the flash memory work but the USB HDD don't .

I tried many and many ways ,but nothing work. :cry:
I read in this forum one of the Questions that have the same problem , but he solve it in, Boot Menu (F12) , then Boot From HDD , he find the USB-HDD there , but I don't :cry:

please I really need your help.

My M.board GigaByte EP41T-UD3
USB HDD ADATA 500 GB

thanks....

bilbat

Splendid
I think this is the same issue as with flash drives - the BIOS' built-in USB abilities end at FAT-32 - a drive formatted in say, NTFS or one of the journalling reiserfiles for Linux, shows up as having no MBR (master boot record), or fails to show up at all...

In addition, the "USB Storage Function" (sometimes called "Legacy USB storage detect", in older BIOS) on the "Integrated Peripherals" BIOS page must be set to "enabled".

fadi-l

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Hi...

I tried FAT32 , NTFS , but nothing worked.
then I put the boot file on my flash memory (2G Fat32) it's worked.

in the slandered CMOS features AND hard disk priority , the USB HDD device not appear there

in the "Integrated Peripherals"
every thing are Enabled except ( Lan boot room and green lan )

please help

fadi-l

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
I tried the USB HDD On onther M.Board , and I just changed the First Boot to USB-HDD .

then I tried to boot from it and it's work directly . :??:

that mean the problem with my M.Board (). :(

where that problem ?? :cry:

please help me.

fadi-l

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
like Hirens Boot CD
so after booting I can start a program , windows XP or Windows 7

Note : I convert the USB to Ntfs an tried to boot but not worked , then I converted it to Fat32 ,and tried it again but it doesn't work too.

spin498

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
not to hijack the thread, but I have an identical issue with a Biostar p4m80-m4 board. It recognizes my Lexar thumbdrive under the Which HDD to give priority to, but doesn't have a USB -HDD option under the boot setup. I know it's not the thumbdrive as I have used it to boot two other systems. I've been to Biostar's site and it offers a BIOS update but doesn't detail what the update might do.