Closed Solved

A few basic questions about SSD

I have done a bit of research and it seems that the best SSDs are the Crucial M4, the Intel 520 and the Samsung 830. I am building a new system and will want a reliable 60 or 120 GB dive. Are these the best or should I look at some other drives?

From what I have read it seems that 240 GB drives are faster than equivalent 120 GB drives. Can I conclude that 240 GB drives are generally faster than 120 GB drives? Can I also conclude that 120 GB are faster than 60 GB?

My motherboard will be an ASUS P8Z77. Will I be abe to install Windows 7 directly from the CD or wil I have to use the Intel RST driver?

I ask the above question because 2 years ago I had to use the RST driver in order to be able to install Win 7 on an OCZ Vertex 2. That was with an ASUS P5B-Plus MB.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about basic questions
  1. Best answer
    As for the capacities it depends on the drives. Some 240 are faster than 120, and some don't. I'd recommend going for Crucial M4 120 - excellent drive.

As for the installation you'll be able to install it directly from a CD or pendrive.
  2. Best answer selected by Denis54.
  3. This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Storage