P67 cold boot problems

My ASRock powers on for a couple of seconds then reboots itself on every cold boot. It only reboots once, and only on cold boots. Haven't found a fix, but it's not really a problem as I very rarely power it down.

Edit: This happens at default UEFI settings as well as when overclocked.

D

Deleted member 217926

I had the same problem with my 1st Gigabyte P67A UD4 but the new B3 revision board has not done it.

Leaps-From-Shadows that may be why no one is selling ASRock boards right now.

pacioli

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
I had this issue with my first Asus P8P67 Pro Revision B2 board. The new Revision B3 board Asus sent me does not have the issue. It was very frustrating and none of the suggested 'solutions' on various forums ever worked. Some people never experienced this problem at all. It seems the issue may only be present on some boards.

bswanwick

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
I had an issue with my P8P67 Deluxe where it would restart 2-3 times before loading windows. I fixed this by disabling "internal pll overvoltage" or something like that. it's in the bios.

colmdr

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010

I was having the same problem with an Asus P67 Deluxe mobo B3 verison. Normal settings or OC did not matter, so I e-mailed tech support for an answer as my system is only a month old. Here is what DS has advised me.

Comments: Does your system turns on for about 3 seconds, shuts off and then starts up normally?
If it does this is a normal operation for todays high powered machine. Its powering up, testing that the system is running the processor in virtual mode, and restating the system. This is called a dual power boot and makes it possible to run multiple OS's at the same time. It does not require this step on hot boots or reboots. Only if the system has been sitting off for a while.

Hope this helps you guys out there.

PreferLinux

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
I agree. I ran a dual-boot setup with four OS's on an Asus P5K SE (P35 chipset and P4 541). No "dual power boot" there. And I now do similar (except only two OS's) with a GA-P67A-UD3R, and once again, no "dual power boot". And if they are crazy enough to mean "run two different OS's at the same time", then that is simply impossible to run them both on the hardware, it requires some sort of virtualisation, and that can be done on both of my systems, once again without any stupid "dual power boot".

TRENDING THREADS