Sign in with
Your question

Mid-Low Price Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
July 6, 2010 5:18:04 AM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Don't really know until I know how much it will cost.

BUDGET RANGE: 400 - 600$ (willing to spend 700$ if its really worht it)

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, Internet Browsing, Watching videos on youtube.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Any recommendation of speakers, mouse, keyboard and screen is welcome.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: None, i like to buy in stores ... but im willing to buy online for the prices they offer.

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Mexico, Tijuana but I can go to U.S.

PARTS PREFERENCES: I read ASUS has great motherboards, ATI has the best cards in the market right now, and AMD has great, cheap processors.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe in the future when i get more experience.

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe in the future when i get more experience and get 2 graphic cards.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: A high resolution would be great.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: The parts of my dell computer are:

Intel(R) Celeron(R) 2.40ghz (1 Core)

Some type of Dell Motherboard.

512MB Crucial memory (2 x 256) (i think one is Crucial and the other 1 is different).

Radeon 9200SE

a 40GB HDD.

and some type of LAN Card.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello ... Im new in the forum, I know this is a great forum with people with a lot of knowledge in technology. I want to build a mid-low price gaming pc, for games of the Total War Series, FPS Games and some MMORPG.
I have a 5 year old Dell.

I have been playing Rome Total War, Stronghold 2, Counter Strike Source, Civilization IV and Mount & Blade and i feel really ... really limited with my computer, i cant even play Rome total war in everything lowest with good fps.

I was thinking about a AMD Phenom II X4 build, with a radeon hd 5850, a 60gb Corsair SSD Reactor, and about 4 or 6gb RAM, but i think that would go over the 400 - 600$ range, so any suggestions would be great.

I need help and suggestions on what is compatible with what and what is not, and what is the best bang for my buck, and I would like to play at least with nice fps in medium settings games like medieval 2 total war with full scale unit size, because its more realistic.

the lower the price the better as long as the computer will last, is quiet and can handle those type of games.

I need Help and advice Please ... (Sorry for the big post)

More about : mid low price gaming

July 6, 2010 5:44:20 AM

Take advantage of sales promotions - If you can afford to wait, place your orders on "Black Friday" November 26, 2010 (day after Thanksgiving).

I got some excellent deals on black Friday 2009.
July 6, 2010 8:00:36 AM

Can you buy from Newegg? Here's something with a monitor:

GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 + AMD Athlon II X4 640 Propus 3.0GHz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB + CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX
ASUS Black 24X DVD+R
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
COOLER MASTER Elite RC-310
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
ASUS CuCore Series EAH5770 + ASUS VH236H Black 23" 2ms(GTG)
AMD Gift - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Coupon

$688.92 after rebates.
Related resources
July 6, 2010 9:02:33 PM

I have family in california, they can receive the shipment.

I have a question ... Are SSD Drives really worth it? Because im tired of the loud spinning sound HDD Makes, I dont make too much storage anyway, just for some games, very few pictures, and Word documents.

Another thing is, i was thinking about a Radeon HD 5850 ... cause i think the difference between the HD 5700 series is big, i think i read something about ROP'S ...
July 7, 2010 3:33:54 AM

Thanks Ubrales, you are right i will do that.
July 7, 2010 3:43:41 AM

oh,i learn a lot through ur posts.thx a lot.
July 7, 2010 5:29:00 AM

I built my i7-920 system after learning from people here. Thanks everyone!
July 9, 2010 12:53:16 AM

I just have installed like 2 games of around 8GB each at a time, like 2GB of music, less than 1GB in pictures, and I would like to get windows 7 someday so another 20GB and like 8GB in other stuff ... like Tuneup Utilities and Microsoft Office, I like to keep my computer clean, thats why I was thinking of getting a corsair SSD Reactor 60GB ... they are 130$ at newegg.

The, the 5700 series video cards and the 5830 have 16 ROPS , and the 5850 and above have 32 ROPS Do you think those 16 ROPS will have a significant effect on game performance??

Thank you I will wait for your answer.
July 9, 2010 3:05:12 AM

I play Rome Total War, Civilization IV, Counter Strike, and i want to run Medieval 2 Total War and COD MW2.

I have ATI Radeon 9200SE ... thats why i want to do a full upgrade.

After millions of uses SDDs fails ... so does HDD right?
July 9, 2010 3:48:40 AM

not as easily maybe; A good HDD can be bought for much less than an SSD which may cost $1000 ; therefore you can have the HDD without fail for a long time

in my opinion its not really worth it at this point in time; its new technology sure, but also with new technology comes new problems so maybe wait a while till it matures and the prices drop; the fan in my HDD is barely audible; maybe your HDD is ATA that's really old technology; SATA is very good
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...
July 9, 2010 5:00:31 AM

I think you are right ... I will buy a nice HDD, until prices on SSD fall, the only notable differences are the boot time and time that takes for applications to start.

do you think a 10,000RPM SATA will make noise?

dogman ... will the ROPS difference will have a significant effect on performance ? above are some of the games I play ...

Thanks frazik, you helped me a lot.
Thank you dogman, im waiting your answer. :) 
July 9, 2010 5:25:49 AM

Ok ... I will do that.

Thank You.
March 4, 2011 2:31:23 PM

if you want you could choose my answer as best ans :p 
March 4, 2011 2:40:06 PM

Wow 9 mth old thread :p  Anyway fast forward now low $600ish can buy ya

$629AR
March 4, 2011 2:48:33 PM

ya noh? a GTX 460 , even 6870 within grasp of this budget.
!