Building A Desktop

Budget: ~$550CAD to ~$650CAD

Planning Spec:
CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E7500(2.93GHz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte G41MT-ES2L(Intel G41)
Harddrives: Samsung 320GB SATAII 3.0Gb
Dvd-drives: LG22x SATAII
Grapic Card: Radeon HD5570
Power supplies: ~350W to ~400W (i am not sure if it's enough or too much)
RAM: 2x 2GB [DDR2]

I need to check if the Radeon HD5570 is compatiable with the Motherboard. And need more suggestions.
7 answers Last reply
More about building desktop
  1. The Core 2 Duo platform is outdated. Try and use one of the newer AMD options at this budget. The Athlon x3 440/445 is very good for its price.

Also, what're the uses of this computer? i.e. gaming, photoshop, video editing etc.
  2. just abit of gaming, and not thing much, and maybe sometimes watching movies.
  3. I would agree to go AMD insstead of Intel - they are always better on a budget, and if you are buying old technology (like you are with the Intel) then AMD is a better choice as it is far more upgradable
  4. SO i would get.
    CPU: AMD Athlon x2 445
    Motherboard: MSI 785GTM-E45 Motherboard - AMD 785G, Socket AM2+
    Harddrives: Samsung 320GB SATAII 3.0Gb
    Dvd-drives: LG22x SATAII
    Grapic Card: Radeon HD5570
    Power supplies:450W(i am not sure if it's enough or too much)
    RAM: Kingston 2x 2GB [DDR2]
  5. Sorry for double post, and Is the GPU compatiable with the Motherboard? (PCI 2.0)
  6. I assume you are refering to the card being PCI E 2.1 and the mobo being PCI E 2.0 It will work perfectly fine.
  7. I assume you either have a case or one in mind???? Otherwise, should be a nice machine (your refined pile o' parts) that is upgradeable with beefier CPUs in the future.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Intel Motherboards Systems Product