Custome Build - "No Drived were Found" Windows 7 64-bit Install

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Windows 7
  • SATA
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
September 2, 2012 3:55:12 PM

I just built my first PC ever and everything was going great until I tried installing Windows 7 64-bit. It says "No drives were found". I have an WD RE4 1TB HDD (WD1003FBYX) connected to a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard. The HD is SATA 3Gb if i am not mistaken, so I connected it to the SATA Port#3 on the mobo (this was verified by my BIOS). Ports 2-5 are for SATA 3Gb devices. From what i understand, this should do the trick. However, it still gives me the error. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

More about : custome build drived found windows bit install

a b G Storage
September 3, 2012 5:27:00 AM

Normally in this situation you need to have the drivers on CD or USB and click on Load Drivers, but in your case I'm not seeing any mention of this as a requirement either for the motherboard or HDD.

Microsoft lists the device as fully Windows 7 64bit compatible.

A look at the WD support forum shows another person having the same problem as you, the recommendation to this user was to return the drive as defective.
Score
November 2, 2012 11:57:07 AM

Dr_JRE said:
Normally in this situation you need to have the drivers on CD or USB and click on Load Drivers, but in your case I'm not seeing any mention of this as a requirement either for the motherboard or HDD.

Microsoft lists the device as fully Windows 7 64bit compatible.

A look at the WD support forum shows another person having the same problem as you, the recommendation to this user was to return the drive as defective.

I solved the problem by cleaning the disk drive as below.
-On the boot disk get past the language selection, select Repair, open Command Prompt and type the following commands;

diskpart
list disk
select disk <number>
clean

-Restart the system, the disk shows up for the installation.
Score