darren2011

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
hi...

i have an msi p45 neo2 mainboard...

just want to know some info if you guys can help me on here please?

first of all..... when the board was shipped as mine was a second user anyway, it would of came with the first bios release am i right in saying?

ok here is the tricky part......... i've updated my bios to the newest one available for my board which is 3.4 version, now just want to try an experiment out to see if it would solve any issues i'm having.....

Question.......

If i was to flash my bios to the first release version which it was shipped with.....

A.....

would i be able to use my 1TB hard drive i have now and when it comes to upgrading my cpu to a quadcore will it mess up...

B.....

or should i just stay with the current bios version i have now?

i want to ask this because if i can use the first release version bios and still use my 1TB hard drive with no issues and also my cpu upgrade then hopefully it might knock out some of the issues i've been experiencing, failing that i can always flash back the the newest bios if it doesnt work, but i need some advice first before atempting it...

thank you for your time in reading

Darren, this is kpow903's thread. Please open a new thread in this same section, and ask your question.

kpow903

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
Found CMOS batt on bottom of board, laptop screen would not show, no setup.
Shorted terminals for about 3 secs. to clear bios setting {thinking something
in bios setup killing display. 3 seconds was plenty long enough to clear bios
WORKED FINE DISPLAYED AND I WENT INTO BIOS!!!!

darren2011

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Hi,

i'm after information of flashing my bios back to first release settings....... i.e. going back from the newest bios i have now to the bios that was released when the mainboard was made?