Need your help.............again!!

huxaifah

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
hi agin...........ive got to ask u guys that as im upgrading my pc ..............and since u guys said that 9800gt wasnt enough........how does this sound???
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz
ATI radeon HD 4870
3gb ram???
plzzz help im totally depending on u guys :cry:

No its not, 2GB + 1GB in dual channel mode. Also 1GB X3 can be done on the i7 platform in tri channel mode.

Yes with a single 4870 you shouldn't have any issues at all. If every thing else it up to date and with a decent psu it should be case solved. Pop it in and go. :)

I think only the matching 2GBs would run in dual channel, while the other 1 would run in single.

There is a few configurations that allow dual channel mode. Also some chipsets all for mixed sized modules at reduced performance such as 1gb in one slot with 512mb in the other. Mirroring has been standard for a long time even back in the days ware ram was installed in DIP (dual inline package) sockets. 1GB in slot 0, 1GB in slot 1, 512mb in slot 2, 512mb in slot 3. Also you can look at them as banks. There can be single and double addressing by the memory controller.

I was questioning how you could find a related 1 + 2 GB to be in dual-channel. :shrug:

As for your question Huxai, what's your monitor's resolution? The 4870 will handle most anything at 1440x960 and 1680x1050, but will not max everything at 1920x1080.