How do i correct an I/O devivce error code 0x8007045d

rchogan42

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
Attempting to do a System Backup to DVD andI get the error 'The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. (0x80007045D)

I have used DVD - and DVD +... it resulted with the same error.

rchogan42

Honorable
Sep 2, 2012
The problem was not with an external disk. It was with the actual 'C' drive itself. To resolve the issue... I had to do a CHDDSK /F and it turned out there were two corrupt files - I had to do this with administrative rights and it took awhile for me to remember how to do this; but I chose the 'Run As Administrator' the 'MSDOS Command.com' Command... and then chkdsk. This somehow then allowed me to do the back up... I cant remember the file names; but I do recall it hung on the one when attempting to do the antivirus scan... but now I have the AVG forcing itself as the default homepage which I do not want... alas... I may need to reimage again.. computers can be a real pita sometimes... Thank you for checking in.

zeeshanjafar

Commendable
May 14, 2016

Simply run chkdsk to allocate new sector for the data which located on bad sectors.

use command prompt type following commands

chkdsk [name_of_drive][path] /f /v /r /x

Examples:

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk d: /f /v /r /x

or

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk d:\anyFolder\anyfile.txt /f /v /r /x

s0nic

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2012
hello
i have this error on my 2tb WD green , i get this error when i try to copy my fils inside NETWORK i copy from my main PC to another PC who is connect in network , then i go to PC who have this disk inside i copy from that error disk to external disk and i don't get this error any more , BUT HD tune says that i have c7 interface crc error count i scan with WD diagnostic tool and he says OK PASS, i change cable and power cable on disk and HD tune says same c7 interface crc error count , disk works fine now no error 0x8007045d anymore but have this issue c7 interface crc error count inside HD tune so is disk broken can i storege my fails on him or what i can do to solve this hd tune c7 interface crc error count ?