Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Sandy Bridge video encoding machine P67 or H67

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 7, 2011 12:18:14 AM

I am running an aging Q9550 on a p5k board with 8g and a GTX460, mostly the only thing I will do is video encoding and other than Diablo 3 will probably not be gaming so I am trying to figure out which is best an OC'd P67 based solution or a H67 based machine with a 2600k CPU.

another question if I have 2 monitors on for the GTX and one for the H67 board can I still use QS?

Finally I wonder if you can OC a H67 based machine using voltage etc in the BIOS instead of multipliers?

Thanks for the replies.
a c 1098 V Motherboard
April 7, 2011 8:40:31 AM

All I know it is pointless getting a "K" CPU for the H67 board unless it is for the use of the HD3000 IGP.
m
0
l
a b V Motherboard
April 7, 2011 2:44:40 PM

davhas said:
so I am trying to figure out which is best an OC'd P67 based solution or a H67 based machine with a 2600k CPU.
P67 is better for video encoding because it can be OCd.


davhas said:
another question if I have 2 monitors on for the GTX and one for the H67 board can I still use QS?.
If you use a video card on a H67 board, Quick Sync is disabled.


davhas said:
Finally I wonder if you can OC a H67 based machine using voltage etc in the BIOS instead of multipliers?.
It won't work because there is so little flexibilty with the bclk.
m
0
l
!