Nvidia releases driver that supports ATI+ Physx

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
http://techpowerup.com/123304/NVIDIA_Removes_Restriction_on_ATI_GPUs_with_NVIDIA_GPUs_Processing_PhysX.html

There it is guys, Nvidia has finally released a driver that supposedly plays nice with ATI cards.

Now my question to you is: Should I fill my third PCI-E slot with a 9800GT for Physx ? I have ALWAYS wanted to dabble with Physx but the thought of incompatibilities with my two 5870's was never enough to make me want to try it.

Also, do you guys think I have a beefy enough power supply for all that hardware ? Check my sig for specs.

Anyways, I don't want to make this thread about my prospects, I am so glad that Nvidia has finally taken a step in the right direction here. I wonder how many older G92's they will sell because of this.

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
I'm not saying I don't beleive you, but do you have a link or something ? I mean, I have also heard those rumors, but I thought they were just assumptions on what would happen.

Yeah, just when you thought it was safe to get back into the PhysX eh? I first saw mention of the restriction being removed yesterday but found it odd that absolutely no mention had been made in the release notes which seemed strange considering the fuss that was made when the block was first implemented, but then they are beta drivers so oddness may occur.

The ones on the Nvidia site is going to be "fixed" soon so try the ones from here :- http://downloads.guru3d.com/Videocards---NVIDIA-GeForce--Vista-|-7_c32.html

notty22

Distinguished

ITS A BETA driver ?
An example of something similar which has nothing to do with quality control , unless you want to spin in that way. Hours after releasing 10.5 driver for ATI cards, a 10.5a hotfix is released to address Bad Company II. You don't have to read between the lines to figure this hotfix might bring problems along with helping this one game, and everyone should not just blindly install it, unless your having a problem with that game.

With a impossible amount of hardware combinations/backwared compatibility to test, beta drivers are the only way to refine the driver. Feedback.