XFX 5850?

I'm getting an XFX 5850, but the one on newegg says it's currently unavailable http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150442 . Will they be getting any more in stock ? What other trustworthy, well-known website could I buy this card from? Must ship to Missouri. Is this card I good choice? If not, what is a better XFX 5850? Tigerdirect is also out of stock, why is this card so hard to get? Everyone always seems to have plenty of the 5870s, but not 5850s.
7 answers Last reply
More about 5850
  1. Quote:
    That one has been discontinued not just out of stock.

This one will work perfectly for you. It's a reference model and will allow voltage tuning

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814141115&cm_re=HD_5850-_-14-141-115-_-Product
    Only has a 1 year warranty, don't really care for it much. I want only an XFX or any other brand that has a lifetime warranty. But why was it discontinued? By the look of the reviews, it seemed to be a pretty good card.
  2. Don't know the difference between the two but here ya go

http://www.ncixus.com/products/51934/HD-585X-ZAFC/XFX/
  3. Quote:
    :lol: You've never tried to get warranty work through XFX have you.
    No, but will they be making any more of them? And what is wrong with it? And if I did get the XFX 5850, and wanted to replace it in the distant future, would they be able to? Since it would be discontinued.
  4. I need a reply soon, I only have a limited amount of time to get a GPU, and I can't manage to find any good reference cards with lifetime warranties.
  5. I may not upgrade by the time the warranty ends though. Are there no other similar cards with lifetime warranty? Picked out a visiontek card which had lifetime warranty, though the XFX was superior. But as I asked before, would XFX be able to replace the 5850 in the future if it were to stop working, since it is discontinued?
  6. So if I contact XFX to replace it, they'll send one of lesser or the same quality? Like if I bought one a month or so from now and it was dysfunctional, they would send me a different model card? Will they not be making any more of them in the future? And what would be the difference between the ZAFC and the ZNFC? I notice that the ZNFC costs slightly more and they both look exactly the same, and the specs are also pretty much the same.
  7. MichaelTS said:
    So if I contact XFX to replace it, they'll send one of lesser or the same quality? Like if I bought one a month or so from now and it was dysfunctional, they would send me a different model card? Will they not be making any more of them in the future? And what would be the difference between the ZAFC and the ZNFC? I notice that the ZNFC costs slightly more and they both look exactly the same, and the specs are also pretty much the same.

I have the 585X-ZAFC that is the one with the fan in the middle )the new cooler revision) And i can say that is works extremly well under load and is fairly quite, The 585x-ZNFC is the egg shaped cooler that they raped off the 5770 my opinion leave the egg shapped cooler where it is as i doubt it would be effiecient enough to keep the gpu and mem cool under load for extended periods of time.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product