Sign in with
Your question

Nvidia gt 220 review

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
July 6, 2010 8:19:02 PM

Hi people!

I can use some of your advice to build my own system as m bit confused with technology.
Basically I want a powerful pc used for games and multimedia + rendering 3d Max models.( I am not hardcore gamer but yeah I do play a lot of high end games)

Am planning to buy Intel i5 750 with Intel DP55WG motherboard.
plus 4 GB 1333 ddr3 transcend ram modules(2x4) and nvidia GT 220 graphics card.
500 GB seagate sata hdd.

My concern is should i go with i5 750 as the processor? it does not support HT and m not sure if it is required..

Also should I go with nvidia GT 220 or some other card based on the above config?

Thanks for any help :) 

More about : nvidia 220 review

July 6, 2010 8:21:43 PM

1. Don't double post.
2. Fill out the form in the sticky. Link in my sig.
3. For gaming that GPU is insufficient.
4. 3d max benefits from the additional threads. Whether that increase is worth the price increase, $80 CPU, $50 Mobo $60 RAM, is up to you.
m
l
Anonymous
July 6, 2010 8:38:46 PM

Quote:
1. Don't double post.

I didn't! It happened automatically! o_0

Yep I'll fill out the form.. Also please suggest the cpu ( is HT really required?)

I wanted to ask the new question of its own but it got posted under nvidia thread! so please do suggest. Thanks.

m
l
Related resources
July 6, 2010 8:49:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
1. Don't double post.

Yep I'll fill out the form.. Also please suggest the cpu ( is HT really required?)

Like I said, 3d max benefits from the additional threads. Whether that increase is worth the price increase, $80 CPU, $50 Mobo $60 RAM, is up to you.

Comparison including 3dsmax bench's.
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/109?vs=47
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
July 6, 2010 8:51:47 PM

The GT 220 isn't much of a gaming card. It's o.k for low end gaming, like the sims or older games, but I wouldn't go playing Crysis on it :D . Anyway, go with at least a Radeon 5750 for gaming. If you have a low budget then you may want to consider going for a cheaper i3 CPU, or go with an AMD build, to shift more money towards your GPU.

No you don't need hyper threading for gaming. Having 4 cores is better than having 2 cores with hyper threading like the lower end i3s and i5s. If you're doing 3d rendering or video encoding then going with an i7 with hyper threading would matter :D .
m
l
!