Winamp & WinXP pro

G

I like to run winamp in the background while playing games such as TFC, CS, and DAoC. I turn the winamp volume down to about 11% where its low and i can hear it in the background of the game. In win98 there are no problems.
Now the problem is i installed Windows XP pro and when i turn down the winamp volume, it also turns down the main wave/mp3 volume control in the mixer. When this happens i cant hear the ingame sounds becouse they were turned down when i turned down my winamp volume.
I have a SB Live plat5.1 card. I just installed the new xp drivers from creative that came out a few days ago with thier mixer. I thought this would fix my problem, but it has not. Is there a way to disable the windows built in volume control or some kind of other fix. I dont want to use Winblows media player becouse i only need a mp3 player and not the rest of the crap that comes with it. Or if there is a different mp3 player i could try that doesn't lower the main volume. Thanks

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
Okay, sorry but I really dont know the answer..but I was just wondering if you installed the software for the card? I have the same card but when i installed XP it detected everything and i didnt bother, just wondering if installing the software makes things better.