Sign in with
Your question

Help with my first gaming pc

Last response: in Motherboards
April 7, 2011 2:52:03 PM

i em trying to build my first gaming pc i currently have an AMD 955 Black Edition and G.Skill Ripjaw 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 10666C8 1333MHz and a NZXT alpha case i em looking for a motherboard with good features and would appreciate any recommendations i am willing to spend up to £125 i would also require a graphic card and is it realy worth doing a crossfire or not

More about : gaming

April 7, 2011 8:01:15 PM

crossfire isn't a big deal, but it can give you some pretty powerful gains..what resolution will you play at? Take a look at these motherboards below...although you may not get it from this site, these are ok for your needs..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Here's a good one..this looks like it is AM3+ compatible for the new bulldozer cpu's that will come out later this year..when you decide to upgrade..you'll be ready for it!

There are more...but what I have listed are open boxes, and you can save 20-40% most of the time
a b V Motherboard
April 7, 2011 8:33:44 PM

asantesoul said:
crossfire isn't a big deal, but it can give you some pretty powerful gains..

You seem a bit torn, asantesoul. Which is it? No big deal, or pretty powerful gains? I don't see how it can be both at once.

Related resources
April 7, 2011 9:37:01 PM

Quite the contrary..I meant what I said..it isn't a big deal because there a single cards that offer the same performance as some sli and xfire setups (gtx 580/590 & 6990)..but, you do get powerful gains..so, I stand by my statement...don't see what the issue was
a b V Motherboard
April 7, 2011 10:22:08 PM

You originally said it wasn't a big deal, with no explanation. That's the issue. You did not clarify your point until your second post.
April 7, 2011 10:56:48 PM

Im assuming the budget of 125 is just for the mobo and not including the graphics card correct?

i personally like to keep crossfire as an option just because when your graphics card starts struggling with future games you can just add an additional, same model of card later when the prices have dropped and see substantial performance increases for great value.

That being said the majority of people that go this route usually dont end up cross-firing...
a b V Motherboard
a b 4 Gaming
April 7, 2011 11:29:14 PM

Easy good MB with great OC potential plus alot of features including USB3 and SATA6gbs for a good price is---

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Motherboards...

Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AMD 880 (Socket AM3) DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard
= £89.99

PS i talk from personal experience, i have one with a 1090t installed OCd to 4ghz
April 8, 2011 1:47:32 AM

thenewnumber2 said:
You originally said it wasn't a big deal, with no explanation. That's the issue. You did not clarify your point until your second post.

Are we really going to have a dispute over such a frivolous matter? If I clarified myself in the second post wouldn't be a good idea to leave it at that!....juss sayin :whistle: 
a b V Motherboard
April 8, 2011 9:10:06 PM

I wasn't looking for trouble, just trying to understand. "No big deal" has multiple interpretations, it wasn't clear where you were going with that. Your second post cleared it up.

April 9, 2011 3:44:42 PM

yes the 125 is for the motherboard sorry i did not make it clear i have been looking at many motherboards i like the asrock 890GX Extreme3 for £82.91 and em thinking to buy

i think that i will OC in the near furure so i need a motherboard with good OC capability and alott of features and if any one can recomend a bang for buck graphic card that would be abel to handel a 32" tv game wise or two 21" monitors

i also forgot to say i have a blue and black theme so anything blue or black would be very appreciated :D 

!