Leadtek 8800 ultra error code 43

Hello,
i have just updated my original drivers from leadtek that were installed with the card to the latest nvidia ones after two years of no problems.
now i have weird scripts at startup,blue/yellow lines thru my vista ultimate screen while in use.i have tried to remove the latest drivers and go back to leadtek 1.779 but it wont,tried a format a re-install of vista,again it stays.tried to system restore it-no again.its a software fault right..so do i upgrade to windows 7??...or but another card.{spent $1300 nzd on it and would hate to just throw that away because of one line of script}.but this seems pretty tough to crack.
thanks,
6 answers Last reply
More about leadtek 8800 ultra error code
  1. Coloured artefacts + code 43 = broken video card.
    Test your video card in another computer to confirm it is broken.
  2. If all else fails try the oven bake method as a last resort.
  3. Before sticking your VC in the oven like a turkey, try underclocking it with rivatuner or something like that. I have an 7200GS (My 8800GTS died a few weeks ago,I'm waiting to get my 5750) and I overclocked the hell out of it. When the OC wasn't stable enough it had these artifacts. Try nvidia 175.13 or some drivers that are working for everyone. This doesn't happens only with overclocked cards. Some years ago I saw a 7800GTX with some artifacts while gaming. My buddy underclocked it and it was stable again, clear image =)
  4. Just be sure to only try it as a last resort. If you just want to get rid of using it then a 5770 wouldn't be a bad choice.
  5. nforce4max said:
    Just be sure to only try it as a last resort. If you just want to get rid of using it then a 5770 wouldn't be a bad choice.

cool,thanks.
    it pretty much looks like a no win on the card front.
    it even works for a few minutes then goes all crazy in vista,sometime's even says that it's all working mormal-no error code 43..except the screen's all blue with waves and lines.
    just didnt want to throw the card way..it was like $1300 just two years ago..and it was working aok untill i upgraded the driver from 1.779 to 197.45.
    even tried to put a beta driver on it tonight..257.15..but no again.
    was keen to try the óven'gig on it..but have no idea".
    i went to a pc shop for a replacement for it..the nvidia 400 seriers cards are still not here..my two choices are
    1:Gigabyte (GV-R585OC-1GD) Overclocked HD 5850 1GB GDDR5 PCIE2.0 ATX 2xDVI HDTV HDCP HDMI {$450}

2:Gigabyte (GV-N26OC-896I) GTX260 896I DDR3 PCIE2.0 2xDVI HDCP ATX FAN {$380}

3:Gigabyte (GV-R585OC-1GD) Radeon HD 5850, Core Clock: 765MHz, Stream Processors: 1440, Memory: 4000MHz 1GB 256bit GDDR5 32Mx32, PCI Exp {$530}.

i guess a dx11 card is the 'no brainer'?..1 or 3..spend and extra $100 and get the third choice right?.
    streets ahead of where i was with the 8800 ultra..and i'm staying well away from leadtek.
    the original card died on me six months to go before my two year warranty{yes new zealand has two years..other countries have three hahaha}.ended..they sent it back to taiwan seafreight!!..it took six weeks either way and four weeks at leadtek..i got back another 8800 ultra..and it lasted nine weeks of hardly any use..just left for dead or mass effect.now that i'm out of warranty period leadtek says 'sorry but you are not covered for this card dying-even though its a nine week old 'new card''.
    i love globalisation.
    thanks for the help :)
  6. hotel6 said:
    cool,thanks.
    it pretty much looks like a no win on the card front.
    it even works for a few minutes then goes all crazy in vista,sometime's even says that it's all working mormal-no error code 43..except the screen's all blue with waves and lines.
    just didnt want to throw the card way..it was like $1300 just two years ago..and it was working aok untill i upgraded the driver from 1.779 to 197.45.
    even tried to put a beta driver on it tonight..257.15..but no again.
    was keen to try the óven'gig on it..but have no idea".
    i went to a pc shop for a replacement for it..the nvidia 400 seriers cards are still not here..my two choices are
    1:Gigabyte (GV-R585OC-1GD) Overclocked HD 5850 1GB GDDR5 PCIE2.0 ATX 2xDVI HDTV HDCP HDMI {$450}

2:Gigabyte (GV-N26OC-896I) GTX260 896I DDR3 PCIE2.0 2xDVI HDCP ATX FAN {$380}

3:Gigabyte (GV-R585OC-1GD) Radeon HD 5850, Core Clock: 765MHz, Stream Processors: 1440, Memory: 4000MHz 1GB 256bit GDDR5 32Mx32, PCI Exp {$530}.

i guess a dx11 card is the 'no brainer'?..1 or 3..spend and extra $100 and get the third choice right?.
    streets ahead of where i was with the 8800 ultra..and i'm staying well away from leadtek.
    the original card died on me six months to go before my two year warranty{yes new zealand has two years..other countries have three hahaha}.ended..they sent it back to taiwan seafreight!!..it took six weeks either way and four weeks at leadtek..i got back another 8800 ultra..and it lasted nine weeks of hardly any use..just left for dead or mass effect.now that i'm out of warranty period leadtek says 'sorry but you are not covered for this card dying-even though its a nine week old 'new card''.
    i love globalisation.
    thanks for the help :)

Those prices are sky high, I can get a GTX 260 for about $130 US and the 5850 its about $300-375. I personally avoid retail and buy used to lower my costs. Start looking online for retailers that will ship to your area.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Drivers Leadtek Windows Vista Graphics Product